Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another Card- APP15 Color Challenge!

Hi Again! 

When creating the first card with the APP#15- Ann’s Color Challenge from The Paper Players ( http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ - see post below), I had originally created another embellishment and was not pleased with the result.

First, I brayered a light layer of More Mustard onto a Whisper White Oval die cut.  I then stamped the small round floral image from Just Believe in Early Espresso.  The inked image was not as dark as I had wanted, so I after completing the first card, I decided to try to improve this first attempt. 

I used SU! Markers in Old Olive to color the leaves and Early Espresso to darken the area in the background (trying to stay within the stamped image- not an easy task with a circle) :-)

After using the markers, I sponged the edges with More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso.  I layered this oval onto another embossed oval die cut in Early Espresso and attached the 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon.

Again, I had a previously embossed Square Lattice More Mustard piece in my "stash" and used the Scallop Trim Punch on the Old Olive layer.  I added the pearls and the sentiment is from Sincere Salutations.

The sketch is a modified version of SSC169 (Stamping 411 with the Operators) as well.

Thanks again for checking out my blog- I am so thankful for all of you!

4 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Very, very pretty card. Thanks for blessing my evening.

Patti said...

Very pretty card and use of the colors.

creations by jackie said...

Gorgeous card and your detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

Wow, you have such a gift! I love your combinations of color and design! So rich and a bit elegant, too! :) tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...