Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Day of Gratitude

I love the new set Day of Gratitude from the Holiday Mini and I have a hard time not turning to it to “play”.

I like to color the main medallion image of this set with sponge daubers and on this card, I first inked up the medallion with So Saffron and then using sponge daubers applied Tangerine Tango to the center, Cherry Cobbler to the middle area and Early Espresso to the outside edges.

Using two pieces of Whisper White, I stamped onto the first piece, then “huffed” (yes , this is part of the technique) on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamped again onto the second piece of Whisper White (resulting in a lighter image).

I cut the darker medallion out close to the edges and the Whisper White background seemed a bit too stark, so using the sponge daubers again, I applied more Early Espresso along the edges and Pear Pizzazz lightly over the entire image (to antique the paper). I sprayed the cut-out medallion with Frost White Shimmer Paint mist (mixed with 70% alcohol) and attached a pearl to the center.

The larger Whisper White layer also seemed too stark, so using the sponge daubers again, I sponged the edges with Early Espresso, the center area with Pear Pizzazz and “spritzed” this layer using the Color Spritzer Tool with a Crumb Cake marker.

I attached the cut-out "frosty" medallion image over the top edge of the “mirror image” medallion and attached the 5/8” Satin Ribbon (from my stash- it really matches Cherry Cobbler very well).

Layered the finished panel onto Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler (sounds like we are making dessert, doesn’t it?).

Thanks again for looking and all of your encouragement! My husband and I are looking forward to tomorrow evening- the start of another Awana year! Have a wonderful day and God Bless!

1 comment:

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is beautiful. I love the colors. I just signed up to follow you. Stop by www.southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot and say hello! Thanks for blessing my evening. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...