Monday, September 6, 2010

APP14 Clean and Simple




Hi Stampers!

I needed several cards and thought that the APP#14- Clean and Simple Challenge from The Paper Players would be an excellent chance to create some quick cards
(please see http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/  for more details).


The first card uses the new stamp set Happiness Shared with the sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers. I used Concord Crush Ink along with Marina Mist, Concord Crush and Whisper White Cardstock (embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper EF) and the bow is from the new 5/8” Marina Mist Satin Ribbon.



The second card also uses Marina Mist, but this time it is paired up with Early Espresso. I used a masking technique with Marina Mist Ink for the circle around the butterfly image (All A Flutter)- butterflies were stamped in Early Espresso. Used the Thinking of You stamp from Sincere Salutations and attached this to an Early Espresso layer punched from the new XL Decorative Label Punch. Finished off with the 5/8” Early Espresso Satin Ribbon.




The next two cards have a more masculine “feel”- I used one of my favorite sets- Lovely As A Tree along with sentiments from Teeny Tiny Wishes and Sincere Salutations. 

The “Thinking of You” card has Pear Pizzazz Decorative Paper along with Whisper White (embossed with the Square Lattice EF) and Early Espresso. Finished off with Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware (retired) and a small piece of 5/8” Early Espresso Satin Ribbon.




The “With Sympathy” card uses River Rock, Basic Black and Whisper White. I embossed the River Rock layer with the Finial Press EF, punched the lower layer with the Scallop Trim Border Punch and again, that luscious 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon.



Thanks again for visiting and all of your encouragement! Have a blessed week!

7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Julie! All of your cards are fabulous! Great textures, ribbons, and layouts! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Wow, Julie, you rocked the challenge. Your ribbon treatments are gorgeous!

Kelli said...

Beautiful cards Julie. I have this set and love the ways you have used it, totally inspiring. I am only about 20 miles from you in Hagerstown. I am debating becoming a SU demonstrator in the next month...wish me luck :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments!

Kelli- I will be praying for you and your decision regarding becoming a demonstrator! I am in love with SU! products and have been mainly a hobby demo but I know many demonstrators that are very successful with their business. If you have any questions, and do not already have another demonstrator, please feel free to contact me:-)

Thanks again for all of your encouragment! Have a great week!

Jen said...

Time for me to invest in that satin ribbon! LOVE your cards! I love your stamping style - I will visit your site often. Thank you for your beautiful work and your inspirations!

Crystal said...

Oh my word, what a LOT of great projects! Great job!! tfs

jaydee said...

Julie, they are all fabulous cards. It would be hard to choose a favorite. I love the texture that you created on the cards and the color schemes you used. Isn't Marina Mist and Early Espresso just an amazing combination?!
Thank you for joining the Paper Players again this week. I always look forward to seeing your creations.
Hugs
Jaydee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...