Monday, September 13, 2010

CC287 Two Cards- One Challenge

Blessing My Life...

I decided to stamp a few cards tonight using the colors from the Splitcoast Stampers Color Challenge #CC287 Concord Parfait Pizzazz – see http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/color-combinations-f43/cc287-concord-parfait-pizzazz-t505188.html for more details.

The first card utilizes the technique called “Rock –n- Roll” with Upsy Daisy, along with some of my "old" favorite tools.

I stamped the scroll design from Friends 24-7 in Peach Parfait on a piece of the Pear Pizzazz DP (from the 2010 In colors Hostess Pack). After stamping the Upsy Daisy stamp in Peach Parfait, I rolled the edges with Concord Crush- also sponged a bit of Concord Crush with a sponge dauber for dimension.

Tore the edge with The Tearing Edge™, sponged all the edges with Concord Crush and added a torn edge of Pear Pizzazz. Mounted this entire layer on a piece of Concord Crush DP (from the same Hostess Pack).

Using the Color Spritzer Tool with the Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait markers, I “spritzed” the background area and for the final step, sprayed with Frost White Shimmer Paint mist.

I used the Crimper Tool with a small piece of Pear Pizzazz, layered it with the new Victoria Crochet Trim along with one of the new Antique Brads for the bottom layer piece.  Stamped the sentiment from Herbal Expressions (I love the expressions in this set) and “huffed” on the previously inked scroll stamp from Friends 24-7. I used the Large Oval punch, sponged the edges with Concord Crush and added a few pearls in the corner for the final touch- I just love those pearls:-).

Stamp Sets: Upsy Daisy, Friends 24-7, Herbal Expressions
Cardstock: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: The Tearing Edge™, Crimper Tool, Color Spritzer Tool, SU! Markers, Large Oval Punch, Victoria Crochet Trim, Antique Brad, Sponge Dabers, Pearls, Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist


CC287 Happy Anniversary


While I was designing the first card, I had stamped the
bird image in Concord Crush and the same scroll stamp in Peach Parfait. I had also already distressed the edges with the 5-in-1 Tool, sponged and “spritzed” as described above.

I already had the embossed Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz layers on hand (used the Vintage Wallpaper EF) and sprayed with the Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist from a previous card. I cut a piece of Concord Crush and punched the edge with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, added the Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon and of course, more pearls:-)

I used the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Concord Crush and punched it out with the new XL Decorative Label Punch. Sponged the edges with Concord Crush and stamped the same scroll over the sentiment. Using the Large Oval Punch (from a piece of embossed Concord Crush) underneath the sentiment and layered the entire card front onto Concord Crush.

Stamp Sets: Friends 24-7, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Color Spritzer Tool, SU! Markers, Large Oval Punch, Sponge Dabers, Pearls, White Taffeta Ribbon, Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist

Thanks again for visiting- I hope you like these cards!  Have a great week and God Bless!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Love the Upsy Daisy card; so vintage looking.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to have found your blog! I'm looking around and I just love what I see here. We've be honored if you would consider joining us for some of our challenges over at Papercraft Star... we're having a drawing right now, until 12 noon Friday too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/250-followers-and-2500-gift-certificate.html

Renee Ondrajka said...

I absolutely love your work. Very elegant.

Dale Morin said...

Great cards. Love the earth tones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...