Friday, September 3, 2010

Elements of Style

One of my favorite sets in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog is a “carry over” set from the Summer Mini Catalog- Elements of Style.    You can stamp the images and watercolor, use pastels, markers or just allow the image to remain plain and it still makes an elegant card.

With Sympathy
This evening I decided to pull this set out to create a CAS (Clean and Simple) sympathy card for the family of an older lady who was part of an Adult Bible Fellowship class that I used to attend- she went to be with the Lord this week and is now at peace with her Savior.

Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Modern Label and Word Window Punch, Pearls and 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon


Birthday Wishes
This card was originally created for a demo swap earlier this spring and I made a few extra for some of my closest friends. This card implements the SU! Markers for coloring along with "antiquing" using a sponge dauber.

Although this card is not considered CAS, I wanted to show you another idea of how the set can look so different.  I made 32 of these cards and it took quite a while to create the paper flowers and layers, but it was a labor of love.

Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Watercolor Trio (sentiment)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke
Ink: Basic Black, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Punches- Medium Oval , Scallop Oval, Scallop Circle, 5 Petal Floral and 1/16” handheld, Crimper Tool, ¼” Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, Frost White Shimmer Mist Paint, SU! Markers- Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponge Dauber

Thanks for again for visiting and thank you to those who are "Following" this blog- that is such an encouragement to me.

 I hope you like these cards and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend- God Bless!

3 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Julie thanks for posting on my MojoMonday154 post. I just visited your blog and love your cards. This one is stunning to say the least. I have added you to my blog follower. Have a great weekend.

Crystal said...

Followed you from SC! :)

This is so pretty, and I especially love the handmade flower - WOW, that must've taken awhile to achieve such beautiful results! :) tfs

Unknown said...

black and white is always a classic, but this is so much more than that...totally beautiful...I feel the love in this card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...