Friday, September 17, 2010

Two Challenges- Three Cards (well almost) :-)

Hi Stampers!  I have not had a chance to stamp since Monday evening and was starting to have withdrawal symptoms :-) ! 

I love the colors for this weeks Curtain Call Challenge (see http://www.stampinwithstacey.blogspot.com for more details) and decided to create a card using these colors along with the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge #CCMC116 (see http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com for more details).

When I first looked at the colors this week, I immediately thought of Lovely as A Tree and the new set Day of Gratitude.

Lovely As A Tree is such a classic set and even though it has been around for awhile, I tend to turn to it quite often (especially for masculine cards). 
Also I have decided to start using all of the current sets that I own – even if they are not new to the 2010-2011 catalog.  Why buy stamp sets if you do not use them?

The first card I created also uses the new Decorative Label XL Punch with the medallion from Day of Gratitude and Sincere Saluations for the sentiment.  I also had a scrap piece of Always Artichoke already embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper EF and topped it off with the Early Espresso ribbon.  I decided not to add the three brads that were in the sketch, I felt that the three trees in the background would be a great substitute. 

The second card utilizes the same medallion from Day of Gratitude, the new Vintage Wallpaper EF, pearls, Whisper White ribbon and the piece of Always Artichoke was already embossed with the Texture Plate (love being able to pull things from my stash) and just sponged both of the embossed pieces with Early Espresso.





The third card uses the same colors but I wanted to use the oak tree from the set.  I hardly ever use the oak tree- I think it is beautiful, but I tend to stamp the large pine or the tree border.  Again, I wanted to update the look of this set with new accessories- the Vintage Wallpaper EF, Scallop Trim Border Punch and Early Espresso Ribbon.  I also used the Medallion Background stamp (center portion) on the label and background behind the tree.  Sponged and distressed the embossing and images to complete the look.



Thanks again for visiting- I love to read your comments!  You are such an encouragement to me and I thank the Lord for all of you! 

14 comments:

Deb said...

All your cards are beautiful! And I love how you interpreted the sketch! The colors are so nice, too!

Heidi said...

Wow, they're all gorgeous! Love that stamp set and how you sponged the embossing! Beautiful!

Shari Winterstein said...

These are are all stunning. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Patti said...

Really like what you did with all 3 cards. Believe it or not but I pulled out the same stamp set to tackle the color challenge. What do they say? -- great minds....

Penny Hanuszak said...

Incredibly beautiful cards. My favourite is the last one. You've really done a great job with these challenges

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous cards! You did wonders with the colors! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Carrie Gaskin said...

They are all beautiful. I love the colours. Great job.

Deb in MinneSNOWta said...

Love the vintage style with good ole "trees"..... it must NEVER retire!!! Wondering how you "colored" the medallion? Rock and Roll? TFS debz2486@hotmail.com

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful cards! Great work! I'm lucky to get one card done let alone three!

Crystal said...

Oh my word, Julie. These are insanely fabulous!!!! Wow. Love the colors, embossing, stamp sets, love EVERYTHING about them!!! I feel a "CASE" coming on! :) tfs

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful creations! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Mary Brown said...

Your cards are sooooo elegant and beautiful! GREAT card! Thanks so much for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Great job with all the cards using the Create with Connie and Mary sketch! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

There's a reason that this set has been in the SU! catty soooooo long, it's just gorgeous, as are your cards, I love them all!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...