Friday, September 17, 2010

How to "Color" the Medallion


Hi Stampers! 
Thank you so much for your encouraging comments and for those of you who have chosen to follow my blog- I truly feel so honored.

Generally I will ink the entire stamp in the lightest ink first (in this example Crumb Cake), then using a sponge dauber apply the next darkest ink directly to the stamp (Always Artichoke) around the leaves in the middle area of the medallion.  The next step would be to use another sponge dauber and apply the darkest ink around the outside edge and sporadically over the other colors (Early Espresso).   

After applying the ink onto the stamp with the sponge daubers, I will "huff" on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamp directly onto Whisper White.  After stamping, I cut out the medallion around the edges and then using the sponge dauber again with Crumb Cake, lightly "daub" (is this a word?)  over some of the white areas to tone down the white.  After "antiquing" to my satisfaction, I daubed Early Espresso on the edges to give it more contrast and to cover some of the white from the cut-out process. 

On this particular example, I finished it off by spraying with the Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist (Shimmer Paint mixed with 70% alcohol to create the spray), then adhered it to another piece of Whisper White, cut out around edges and then adhered it to Early Espresso to create the layers.  I just had to add the pearl (I love our new pearls) and mounted to the card with dimensionals :-) 

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness to leave comments- you have truly made me feel very honored and blessed! 

Even though we may not ever have a chance to meet in person, I consider all of you my new "stamping" friends!  Have a great weekend and God Bless!  

  

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

I love this effect... thanks for the instructions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...