Saturday, September 25, 2010

PP16 Sympathy with Color Inspiration #140



Hi Again Stampers! 

I decided to create another card using the wonderful PP16 sketch this week at The Paper Players Sketch Challenge (http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ ) along with the colors from the Color Inspiration #140 (see Stamping411 with the Operators http://www.stamping411.blogspot.com/).

I just love this sketch- you can create a quick card for any occasion. 


 I decided to use one of my favorite sets from the Spanish catalog Flores Suaves along with the En Francais background stamp.

I generally use the butterfly image since it is so pretty but decided to go with the bee stamp (isn’t he cute?).  In real life, I am a bit afraid of bees (I am allergic to bee stings) but when it comes to stamping, I think the realistic bee images are beautiful:-)

I decided to use the Pink Pirouette marker to color the bee for contrast and of course had to use the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  

I am currently out of the new pearls :-( (they are due in this week) and most likely will add some of the small pearls to the border area. 

The first card followed the sketch as it was designed and then I thought that I might add the floral image to the left of the bees. 

Which one do you like better? 

 I have not attached the floral image yet, just tucked behind the ribbon.  I will let you decide which way the final card will appear.

Stamp Sets:  En Francais,  Flores Suaves, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette
Accessories:  Big Shot, Finial Press EF, Sponge Dauber, Word Window ,  1¼”, and 1⅜” Square and Scallop Trim Border Punches, Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist, 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon. 

Thanks again for taking time to visit me and I love to hear your feedback!   Have a blessed weekend and have fun stamping!



7 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love the bee image! Thanks for joining The Paper Player this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh, I love them BOTH! I am a bee person---don't like to get stung, but I just think they are glorious creatures!!! Love the color combo, too!

Jamie Garity said...

I really like them both too! Don't know how you will decide! Awesome cards!!

jaydee said...

Julie, this set is one of my favorites. Although, I haven't used the bee yet. Now you have inspired me to do just that. I love the fact that you combined the En Francais with the embossing folder. The ribbon is the perfect touch. Another fabulous card... or should I say duo of cards!
Thank you for joining the Paper Players again this week. Look forward to you joining us again.
Jaydee

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! A wow for me! thanks for playing along with stamping411

Crystal said...

Very pretty - love the classic color combo! tfs

Rel said...

Julie, these two are so pretty. Love both these stamp sets, and it is just too hard to choose which card is nicer. They are both so beautiful. Love the colors and have always loved the en francais script. You are so very talented.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...