Monday, December 27, 2010

PPA74 Happy Birthday!

Hi Stampers!

Tomorrow is my husband’s birthday and I wanted to create a card that had a more masculine feel (i.e. no pearls or glitter :-)) and I decided to use this week’s Pals Paper Arts PPA74 Celebrity Sketch Challenge (http://www.palspaperarts.com/). 

This card is quick and easy, although it was difficult not to use my Big Shot:-)  I chose the Friends 24-7 set for two reasons- first, we love watching birds together and second, he is my best friend 24-7 for almost 28 years now!  I love him so much- I hope he likes this card!
To create this card:

First, de-static a piece of River Rock with the Embossing Buddy and stamp the bird image from Friends 24-7 in Versamark, then in Night of Navy Classic Ink.  Heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder (EP).  Sponge the edges with Night of Navy and layer onto Night of Navy and Very Vanilla cardstock.

 Stamp the flourish image onto the DSP and sponge the edges with Night of Navy.  Adhere the 1 ¼” Night of Navy Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. 

Stamp the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto River Rock, punch out with the Curly Label XL Punch and sponge the edges with Night of Navy.  Use the same punch to punch out a piece of Vary Vanilla to back behind the sentiment.  Adhere to the back of the focal image and attach to the card.

Stamp Sets:  Friends 24-7, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper:  Night of Navy, River Rock, Very Vanilla, DSP (retired)
Ink:  Night of Navy, Versamark
Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Clear EP, Curly Label XL Punch, 1 ¼” Night of Navy Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

Thanks again for visiting- I hope you have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love the colours, Julie! And ... a super elegant design! Hugs xxaxx

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used that wide ribbon - beautiful effect!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love the colors very nice!

Crystal said...

What a beautiful, vintagey, GORGEOUS card!! :) tfs

Stampin' Diva said...

Wonderful card! Simple and beatiful desing ... thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful card I just found your blog through Paper Pal's . I love that you give a tutorial and that you have a story behind your card. I am enjoying browsing your blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...