Sunday, August 7, 2011

Triple Treat Flower- Experiment #2

Hi Stampers! 

In my continuing effort to create a swap card for the quarterly Joyful Hearts Demonstrator Meeting on August 6th, I decided to try a CAS card using the Triple Treat Flower stamp. 

In my first attempt for a swap card (see previous post) I had incorporated one of my favorite techniques, emboss resist with dry embossing but the card was a bit too involved to recreate multiples in time for the swap.


To create this card: 
Stamp the new "a la carte stamp" Triple Treat Flower with Island Indigo ink onto Whisper White cardstock and punch it out with the XL Fancy Flower Punch. 

Use the Big Shot with the Top Note Die and cut a piece from Island Indigo and Early Espresso cardstock.  Emboss both pieces with the Finial Press EF and cut in half.  
 
Emboss a piece of Old Olive with the Square Lattice EF.  Adhere the Top Note pieces and adhere the 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon.  Mount onto a piece of Early Espresso.

Stamp the sentiment with Island Indigo and punch out with the Decorative Label Punch.  Punch another piece with the Decorative Label Punch to layer behind the Whisper White.  Tuck under the Old Olive Ribbon and add the pearl to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:   Triple Treat Flower, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Island Indigo
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, Early Espresso , Old Olive
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice and Finial Press EF, XL Fancy Flower and Decorative Label Punch, 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Pearls

Although this card was quick and easy, I was not sure if I liked the Old Olive against the Old Olive (I only have a few ribbons that had not retired),  so I decided that I would not participate in the swap.  

With this decision still nagging at me, Friday evening brought new insight when I decided to try a quick card using the new background stamp Sweet Floral.  

Stay tuned-  I will post the final card that I chose to start to create at 10 pm on Friday evening (before the 8:45 am meeting the next morning)-yes, I know,  nothing like waiting until the last minute, but at times, that is how inspiration works for me :-)

Thanks again for visiting- I hope you have a blessed week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...