Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A 15 Minute Card, plus Three Challenges?


Hi Stampers! 

I wanted to "challenge" myself to create a card within 15 minutes- including design time (I know, this may be long for some of you but generally the design time takes me longer than that- I am slow :-))

Anyway, I decided to use the colors from this week’s CC341 Splitocast Color Challenge (dessert option is leaves) along with the SSC221 Sketch Challenge at Stamping411 (flipped the side for the embellishments on the sketch) and since this is a CAS card with leaves it also qualifies for the Splitcoast CAS136 Leaves challenge.

Although the CC341 colors- Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive are complimentary colors, they can be quite bold and a bit out of my comfort zone, so this was definitely a challenge for me!

I started the “clock” after I pulled the cardstock, inkpads and accessories together, so to create this card:

Use the Big Shot™ and emboss a piece of Tempting Turquoise with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder ( I used a brayer and applied Pumpkin Pie  Classic Ink to the smooth side of the interior of the folder prior to embossing). 

On a piece of Very Vanilla,  use the Rock-n-Roll technique to stamp the leaves in Pumpkin Pie, then Old Olive and/or Tempting Turquoise and stamp around the outside of the cardstock.  Stamp the background stamp with Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink (stamp off first) and repeatedly stamp the interior area.  Sponge the edges with Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise. 

Adhere the bow to the corner (I had this already bow tied and ready to go in my stash- is that cheating?:-)).  Use the Rock-n-Roll technique again to stamp the sentiment (first in Pumpkin Pie, then Tempting Turquoise) and punch out with the Decorative Label Punch.

Sponge the edges of the sentiment and adhere to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. 
Mount the focal image onto the embossed panel and mount the entire card front onto Pumpkin Pie.  Spray with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to finish off the card.

Clean and Simple and under 15 minutes!

 Stamp Sets:   French Foliage, Blessings from Heaven
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla,  Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  Big Shot™, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Brayer,  Decorative Label Punch , 5/8”  Pumpkin Pie Satin Ribbon (retired), Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint Spray (mixed with 70% alcohol), Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals 

Thanks again for stopping by and for all of your encouragement!  

5 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

This is gorgeous!! I love it all--especially your bow!! Great job!

ps. 15 minutes is really fast!! it takes me that long to pick the stamp set!! haha!

Patti said...

Beautiful. Love the colors. If I ever did a card in 15 minutes, there would probably be 3 other people helping me. Great job.

gbarron56 said...

Excellent job, as always, Julie -- the blue is an unusualy choice but so very striking! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

whew! Breathtaking!!!

Patti Chesky said...

Love the "pop" of turquoise and the pretty bow! This is a stunning card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...