Friday, May 25, 2012

CAS Sympathy- Two Challenges in One!


Hi Stampers! 

What a whirlwind of a week for me!!   I had the opportunity to meet and make a new stamping friend, spaghetti dinner at a very nice restaurant with our 5th and 6th grade Awana book award winners and of course, my full-time accounting job but I managed to squeeze in a few moments to stamp (thanks to a very understanding hubby!)!!

This week my good friends at The PaperPlayers have the PP96 Challenge to use "Polka Dots in a Clean and Simple (CAS)" project.  CAS is not my normal style since I tend to “overwork” things but I do like the style and will keep trying!!  I decided to combine the PP96 Challenge with the Splitcoaststampers SC386 Sketch.

I thought that since we are headed into Memorial Day weekend that a sympathy card would be appropriate.  I know that many of us celebrate this weekend with family and friends and pray that we will remember those who lost their lives serving our country! 

This card is very quick and easy to create- stamp the image with Basic Black onto Whisper White cardstock (I love the new SU! pads- such a clean crisp image!!).  HINT- With this image I masked the flowers so the stem would not overlap the petals. 

Layer onto Basic Black cardstock.  Assemble the layers using Designer Series Paper (DSP), add the paper doily, bow and pearls- you are done!!  

Stamp Sets:  Field Flowers, Teeny Tiny Wishes

 Ink: Basic Black

Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Designer Series Packs- Neutrals, Flirtatious DSP (retired)

Accessories:  Word Window and Modern Label Punch, Pearls, 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon

There you go- my version of CAS- I hope you like it!!  Have a great weekend honoring the men and women who have died for our freedom- may the Lord richly bless their families and continue to bless our country!! 

5 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous Julie! This stamp is so pretty and inking it in black and white really shows how gorgeous it is. Great tip on the stems too. so glad you joined us at The Paper Players...and how right you are about the holiday weekend.
((hugs))

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Julie! Serene and breath-taking! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Terstamper said...

Very classy card.

Ter ;)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Stunning Julie! Black and white together are always so striking. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Player this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely elegant, as always, Julie! That stamp is gorgeous simply stamped in black, too. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...