Monday, December 3, 2012

Touch of Nature- Another True Friend "Hybrid" Card


Hi Stampers!!

I am having such a great time experimenting and creating the "hybrid" Digital cards- I hope you do not mind my sharing them with you :-)  One of the newest downloads is a retired set that I just love called "Touch of Nature".  While I have the stamp set, I like the crispness of the printer ink against Whisper White not to mention the convenience (my printer is in my stamp area).

To create this card:

Using My Digital Studio (MDS), print the image for the bird and sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock.

Use the Big Shot™ with the Apothecary Accents Framelits™ Die to cut out the bird and also use the same die to cut a piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock.  Hand cut the Lucky Limeade piece in half lengthwise to mount behind the bird and "frame" the die cut (do not worry- you will not see your "hand cut" line :-)

Color the bird image using a Stampin’ Write Marker in Soft Suede and Crumb Cake (I had Certainly Celery out for a previous project and used that for the leaves).  To add the distressing to the bird image, use the Color Spritzer Tool with the Soft Suede marker  and finish off with a Sponge Dauber using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Classic Ink to soften the edges of the die cut.

Use the Big Shot™ with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Early Espresso Core’dinations cardstock (lightly sand) and the Lacy Brocade EF to emboss a scrap piece of DSP (I used a piece of the retired Everyday Enchantment for the lower half of the card).  Mount both the Early Espresso panel and embossed DSP panel onto Soft Suede (I ended up trimming this layer a bit too close so it is hard to see it in the photo) and add the Whisper White embossed lace paper edging (ink the interior of the embossing folder with Crumb Cake before embossing the Whisper White cardstock).

Add the ½” Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon strip, mount the bird focal image along with the Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Triple Bow and Antique Brads.  Punch the digital sentiment out using the Small Oval Punch and layer with Lucky Limeade cardstock (sponged again with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede) to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: None- My Digital Studio- Touch of Nature,  Simple Friendship

Ink: Printer Ink- Black, Classic Ink- Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Stampin’ Write Markers- Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Certainly Celery

Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso Core’dinations, retired DSP- Everyday Enchantment

Accessories:  Big Shot™,Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders-Woodgrain, Lacy Brocade, Delicate Designs (Lace), Apothecary Accents  Framelits™ Die, Antique Brads, Sponge Daubers, Color Spritzer Tool, Small Oval Punch (retired), ½” Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon, (retired)

Thanks again for visiting- I hope you like these hybrid cards (can you tell that it is Digital)?  My husband cannot tell the difference :-)

Have fun this week experimenting and creating something in paper!! 

1 comment:

Traci M said...

This is beautiful!! I love the layout and warm colors; thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...