Wednesday, June 12, 2013

CAS Above and Beyond- 10 Minutes to Completion :-)

Hi Stampers!!

One of the lessons I learned this past weekend from the Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) at Splitcoaststampers was that I can create a card n 45 minutes or less, so I decided to start timing myself :-)

When I saw the colors from this week's DD56 Dynamic Duos Color Challenge, I decided to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card based off one that I had created this past weekend- plus it only took 10 minutes to create!!

To create this CAS card:

On Whisper White cardstock, use the AquaPainter™ to watercolor Blushing Bride Classic Ink across the cardstock on a diagonal.  Allow the ink to dry (I blotted the ink with a paper towel to speed the drying process) and stamp the script stamp with Soft Suede Classic Ink.  Using the Color Spritzer Tool with the Soft Suede marker to add a bit of interest.

Stamp the focal image from retired set, Nature’s Wonder using Soft Suede Classic Ink onto Whisper White cardstock and color using Stampin’ Write Markers- Blushing Bride and Soft Suede.  Watercolor a bit with the AquaPainter™, add a bit more marker  and finish off with Moonlight Smooch™ Pearlized Accent Ink on the wings.  Trim and adhere to Soft Suede cardstock.

Stamp the sentiment at the bottom, adhere the focal image using Stampin’ Dimensionals® to the background panel and mount the entire panel to the Whisper White card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

Stamp Sets:  Nature’s Wonder, Botanicals, One in A Million

Ink: Blushing Bride, Stampin’ Write Markers- Blushing Bride, Soft Suede

Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede

Accessories:  AquaPainter™, Color Spritzer Tool


Thanks again for your visit – have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, I haven't seen this gorgeous image for a long time...and how beautiful it is with these colors! Great job on this challenge!

Unknown said...

Julie this is stunning!!! I love the way you have the blushing bride in the background and the soft suede spritzed around. Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Tamara said...

I have this set but haven't used it much - thanks for the inspiration. This card is gorgeous!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card using these colors. I don't enter those challenges at splitcoast, because it's almost impossible for me to do a card in less than 45 minutes! LOL! I'm a slow card maker.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...