Monday, November 4, 2013

Flowers for a True Friend- Two Challenges in One!

Hi Stampers!!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Monday!!  I have been studying the fresh CQC213 palette from the ColourQ Challenge all week and finally decided to create a quick CAS card using the CQC213 Challenge along with the FMS110 Freshly Made Sketch ( I flipped the sketch upside down and missed the challenge deadline- oops!!  :-)). 

If you have not had a chance to visit either site yet, wonderful Design Team samples as well as the other entries- enough inspiration for weeks!! :-) 




To create this simple CAS card:

With the Kiwi Kiss Brad (see below for Basic Gray version)
Use the Pansy Punch to punch out flowers from Peach Parfait and Lovely Lilac Designer Series Paper (DSP). 

Punch out the leaves using the Bird Builder Punch from Kiwi Kiss cardstock.

Punch out four squares from Basic Gray cardstock using the 1 ¼” Square Punch.

Use a Piercing Tool and Piercing Mat (or Hand Held 1/16” Punch) to punch out holes in the flowers to insert the Basic Gray corduroy button brads.

Adhere the flowers and leaves to the Basic Gray squares using Mini Glue Dots and attach to the Whisper White card base (I used a 4.25 x 4.25 Square card base).

Attach the sentiment banner (this one was already in my pre-printed “stash” from My Digital Studio (MDS) – retired stamp brush set, Simple Friendship) along with the leaves and the Kiwi Kiss corduroy button brad to finish off the card.

****REVISION****

The Kiwi Kiss cordoruy button brad seemed a bit brighter than the cardstock (I think I may have pulled out Lucky Limeade versus Kiwi Kiss for the leaves...that's what happens when you do not mark the envelopes:-)) so I replaced the brad next to the sentiment with Basic Gray.   I think I like the Basic Gray version better :-)

 Stamp Sets:  Simple Friendship (MDS)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black

Paper: Whisper White, retired Kiwi Kiss, retired DSP- Lovely Lilac, Peach Parfait

Accessories: Punches- Pansy, 1 ¼” Square, Bird Builder, retired Basic Gray and Kiwi Kiss corduroy button brads


Thanks again for stopping by!   I will be posting my card for the new SUO Challenge early Tuesday morning so I hope you can visit again soon- have a great week!

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Julie this is fantastic, Ii love your flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Sarah said...

Great card, love your layout and pretty flowers, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Julie, I love your flowers and the revised version with all gray buttons! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ once again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...