Sunday, January 25, 2015

CMCC55 CAS Always Cherish Every Moment

Hi Stampers!!

I had a great time stamping last night and created four cards for some of my favorite challenges. 

This Clean and Simple (CAS) card was created for the CMCC55 ColourMe! Challenge along with the USEIT2015 Challenge at Splitcoaststampers (the stamp set and rub-on sentiment retired years ago and I have not used them recently :-)).

Again, if you have not had the chance to do so, I hope you will find the time to visit each of the sites/galleries- such wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

Ink the stamp image using Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. 

Color the image using a AquaPainter™ with Hello Honey Classic Ink for the background, Cajun Craze for the berries/petals and Mossy Meadow for the leaves.  Once the watercolor has dried, use Stampin’ Write markers in the same colors to create shadows and definition.

Add a few highlights to the berries/petals using a White Gel Pen.

Trim the image leaving a Whisper White border (if you did not color outside the lines as I did- lol!) or trim close to the image, mount onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock and trim again to create the border.

Apply the rub-on sentiment to a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Trim the sentiment panel and adhere to a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock, trim again and adhere to a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock, trim and mount onto the Whisper White card base.

Add the focal image using Stampin’ Dimensionals® to finish off the card. 

Stamp Sets:  Nature’s Wonders

Ink: Memento™ Tuxedo Black, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Stampin’ Write Markers- Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Gel Pen

Paper: Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Chāteau Bella Rub-Ons (sentiment)


Thanks again for visiting!  I hope you have a fantastic evening and stop by again soon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW--what a gorgeous card! The focal stamp is AMAZING and I'm so glad you let it be the star of this card!

Karen M said...

Wow! How professional this looks. Amazing piece of art! Kx

Jan Clothier said...

This card is beyond stunning! I love the way you have added depth and shadows by using markers: you've given me a new idea to experiment with, thank you!

Doris said...

The most gorgeous use of that stamp that I have ever seen!! Your colouring skills are outstanding. I have that set (uninked…unfortunately), so many thanks for the inspiration.

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow, Julie! The image you colored looks like it was trimmed out of a magazine or book! Amazing!!! You rocked the colors this week at Colour Me...! ♥

stampwithsandy said...

Julie I sold this stamp set years ago and now you are making me wish I hadn't! I've never seen it colored so beautifully before. What a striking card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Colour Me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...