Thursday, October 1, 2015

CAS Trust In The Lord



Hi Friends!!

After Awana this evening, I had a chance to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card for the Splitcoaststampers’  CC550 Color Challenge (optional dessert is sky) and I am so thankful that I can finally participate in this week's color challenge before the challenge officially "ends" (well, they are open "forever" technically but at least before next week's starts) :-)

I decided to combine the challenge with the SC560 Sketch Challenge and the CAS308 New Year’s Resolution Challenge (depict something that you will be trying to accomplish this year­- I am still playing “catch up” on the 2015 CAS Challenges).

This retired stamp set has always held a special place in my studio and this image along with the verse sentiment is definitely "a goal of mine" this year- to trust in the Lord with all of my heart and lean not on my own understanding.  

I am trusting in Him for strength and healing for my husband, wisdom for our upcoming retirement and finances as well as growing in my knowledge of the Bible and "resting" in Him with Bible Study and Bible Art Journaling. 

October will be a very busy month for me for card designing- I am now on four Design Teams as a regular member (The Card Concept, SUO Challenges, Sweet –n- Sassy Stamps and "fifth Thursday" SCS "Free For All" Challenge sample maker) and will be participating on four different Design Teams as a Guest Designer for October (Our Daily Bread Designs and the other three will be announced as each is announced on the challenge blogs). 

The "toes in the water" on the stamped focal image reflects the steps that I am taking with my stamping and venturing into different avenues of styles and designs- I love anything that has to do with art and,  of course, stamping and am trying to design at least one card each day!

As always, I find that Splitcoaststampers is the best site for stamping inspiration and I hope you will find the time to check out each of the above gallery links- gorgeous samples by all!

To create this card:

Ink the image from the retired set, Summer By The Sea using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock.
Color using an AquaPainter™ and ink from the Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist and Soft Sky Stampin’ Write Markers (also using ink from the Soft Sky Classic Ink Pad for the sky mixed with the Marina Mist Marker).

Add additional black details with the Faber-Castell® Black Pitt Pen Marker (I added three birds, extended the boat image and added a water line for the horizon) and add a few white highlights to the water with the Faber-Castell® White Pitt Pen Marker.

Use the Sahara Sand Stampin’ Write Marker to add shadows and once the panel is dry, cut it out with the Big Shot™ and the retired Window Collection Framelits™ die.
Another view- straight on :-) Which view do you prefer??

Stamp the verse sentiment from Trust God using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink onto a piece of  Whisper White cardstock, trim and mount the strip of Daffodil Delight and embossed Marina Mist cardstock (embossed with the Big Shot™ and the retired Square Lattice Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder), trim once more and add the ¼” knotted Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.

Mount the panel onto a piece of Marina Mist cardstock, trim and mount onto the Daffodil Delight card base.

Add the focal image to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals® to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Summer By The Sea (retired), Trust God

Ink:  Stāz-On® Jet Black, Soft Sky; Stampin’ Write Markers- Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand; Faber-Castell® White and Black Pitt Pen Markers

Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Big Shot™,  Retired Products- Window Collection Framelits™, Square Lattice Textured Impressions™, ¼” Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon


Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a terrific Thursday!  Hugs to you, my friends!

3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome image -- great use of the colors

Penny Hanuszak said...

Ran across this card on Pinterest and wanted to let you know how inspirational and lovely it is. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks Penny, you are so sweet to comment and encourage me- hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...