Thursday, August 3, 2017

Love You More

Hi Friends!

I have been busy this summer trying to organizing my stamping studio and have decided to focus on using some of my older stamps and paper this year (I believe I could create a card every day for years using a different stamp set and still not use all of my stamps :-)). 

I wanted to take a break this evening and decided to pull out the retired Stampin’ Up! Love You More stamp set along with the retired I Am Me designer series paper.  I paired the two with the current Work of Art stamp set to create a quick Clean and Simple (CAS) card.   

Clean and Simple cards are still difficult for me (I tend to be a more Shabby Chic/Mixed Media artist) so to focus my design process, I incorporated the CAS(E) This Sketch #232 Sketch Challenge along with the #93  Keyword Challenge at The Challenge (Simple, Friendship) into the design. 

Since I have a large selection of stamp sets (most of which are retired Stampin' Up!), I find that online challenges help me limit my choices and at least finish a card:-)).  

If you have not had a chance to check out the above challenges yet, I hope you will find the time to do so- great inspiration from all!

This was a very simple card to create:

1). Trim a piece of Whisper White cardstock to approx. 4” x 5 ¼”, mount onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock, trim close to the edge and mount onto a piece of Real Red cardstock.

2). De-static a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock with an Embossing Buddy®, stamp the globe image with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Once the powder has cooled, color the heart with the Real Red Stampin’ Wrtie Marker and the ocean with the Pool Party Marker.  Fussy-cut the image and use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the ocean.

3). Cut a piece of the I Am Me patterned paper, layer onto Basic Gray cardstock and again  onto Real Red cardstock. 

4). Ink the chevron stamp from Work of Art with Pool Party Classic Ink, stamp on an angle onto the card front several times before adhering the layered designer paper panel.  Trim the panel to the edges of the card front and mount the entire card front onto the Extra Thick Whisper White card base.

5). Ink the sentiment from Love You More with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.

6). Mount the fussy cut globe image with dimensional foam onto the card front.

7). Finish off the card by adding a few accents with Nuvo™ Crystal Glossy Black Drops.

Stamp Sets: Love You More, Work of Art

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Pool Party Classic Ink; Stampin’ Write Markers- Pool Party, Real Red; Clear Wink of Stella®

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Real Red, retired I AM Me DSP

Accessories/Tools: Embossing Buddy®, Clear EP, Heat Tool


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- hugs and I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Once again you nailed it! This is such a great card and I love the way you interpreted this week's challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...