Tuesday, November 21, 2017

SUO188 Star of Light



Hi Friends!   

It’s time for the #188 “Celebrate Winter Holidays!” Challenge at SU-Only Challenges and since I still need a few more Christmas cards, I chose to create a quick card using the Star of Light stamp set with the coordinating Starlight Thinlit™ Dies.    

I have owned this stamp set with the dies since last year and this is the first time I had a chance to create a card- pitiful, I know :-)  I have so many stamps and so little time!! I love the intricate cuts on the inner star and think that this set may become one of my new favorites!! :-)


If you have not had a chance to stop by the SU-Only Challenge site to check out the rest of the Design Team’s samples or the other challenge sites yet, I encourage you to do so- fabulous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1). De-static a piece of Whisper White cardstock with an Embossing Buddy®, stamp the flourish image along with a few of the miscellaneous small star images from the Star of Light stamp set with Versamark™ ink, apply Stampin’ Emboss® Silver Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool. 

2). Once the embossing has cooled, use largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits™ to die cut the circle element.  Use the Simply Scored™ Tool to score a few vertical lines along the left hand side of the remaining panel, trim to 4” x 5 ¼” and mount onto a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock. Mount the entire card front onto the Extra Thick Whisper White card base.

3). Die cut a circle from Perfect Plum cardstock using the retired Circle Framelits™ and mount behind the circle cut in the above step.  Adhere the layered circle onto the card front (lining up the flourish image) using Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

4). Using the Starlit Thinlits™, die cut the open star from Perfect Plum cardstock and the large intricate star from Silver Foil.  Layer the two together and set aside.

5). De-static a scrap of Whisper White cardstock with an Embossing Buddy®, stamp the sentiment from the Star of Light stamp set with Versamark™ ink, apply Stampin’ Emboss® Silver Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.  Trim and create the flag banner points by hand (I used the retired Hexagon Punch). Mount onto Perfect Plum cardstock, trim and adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals®. 

6). Add the layered die cut star and finish off the card with a Rhinestone in the center of the star image. 

Stamp Sets: Star of Light, Painted Harvest

Ink/Mediums: Versamark™

Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Silver Foil, Extra Thick Whisper White

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, Stitched Shapes Framelits™ , Starlit Thinlits™,  Framelits™, retired Circle Framelits™,  Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Simply Scored™ Tool, Rhinestone,

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and I hope that you will create your own Stampin’ Up! Only project and join us for our “Celebrate Winter Holidays!” challenge!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Julie, I did a double take when I saw your card! A dear friend of mine passed away last week. She was just shy of 91 years old (her birthday was Sunday). She had asked me to design a Christmas card for her using this stamp set that she could make in multiples to give out this year. I was excited and honored to do so. Like you, I have had this stamp set since last year and not played with it. I love the swirly thing and so did she. Unfortunately she did not finish her cards before her passing as she was waiting on some Silver Glimmer paper. I will forever think of her when I see cards using this stamp set. Heaven has gained another angel! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful Julie. I love this stamp set and need to use it more.
Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw this sketch, this was the stamp set I wished I had! Fabulous card, Julie! Beautiful combination of colours with a touch of sparkle. Thanks for playing along with our Paper Craft Crew challenge! ~Deborah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...