Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Scene Silhouettes- Woodland and Tall Grasses



Hi Friends!

I am here again sharing another card that I designed this past weekend using a few of Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps new December release stamp sets (check out my last two posts for additional cards using some of the same stamp sets). 

As I mentioned in my previous posts, several of the December release stamp sets are silhouettes which are perfect for scenes as well as masculine (and feminine) cards- I have paired this card with the new Thoughtful Words stamp set- I love the fonts on this set that Nina B. designed for Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps!!

Also, don’t forget that this month Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps is offering the Scene Silhouettes:Woodland stamp set free with any $60 order!!

 

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge sites or the SNSS Blog/FB Page yet, I encourage you to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

This card was fairly easy card to create- I used a chevron stencil with distress oxide ink to create a bit of texture on a piece of designer paper, cut the paper into four pieces, mounted onto black cardstock and created the background per the sketch.

The focal image was created by pressing distress oxide inks onto a silicone craft mat, spritzing with water and pressing a piece of white cardstock into the ink.  Once the background was dry, I stamped the Scene Silhouettes:Tall Grasses image along with the Scene Silhouettes: Woodland image with black archival ink and heat embossed both with clear embossing powder.

I also heat embossed the sentiment from Thoughtful Words with clear embossing powder onto white cardstock and matted both the sentiment and focal image onto stitched circle die cuts.

The card was finished off with a hemp twine bow.

You could just change the sentiment and have a fun card for many occasions! 


Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim Holtz® Distress Oxide- Broken China, Picked Raspberry,  Twisted Citron

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, MFT Stitched Circle STAX Dies, Circle Die Framelits (retired SU!) , Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Hemp Twine, Sequins, Chevron Stencil (Memory Box)


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and I hope you can stop by again soon!

2 comments:

Rosanne Mulhern said...

This card is fantastic, Julie. I really like the layout and both backgrounds are so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at the TTTC this week.

Carolynn Sander said...

I love the technique you have used on today's card! It turned out beautifully! Thank you so much for joining in the fun with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...