Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July!



Happy 4th of July, My Friends!


I have been so busy trying to organize my stamping/craft room (well, really "rooms" since it is all over the house- lol!) that I have not had a lot of stamping time lately.  

Since my self-imposed organization "job" is taking longer than I anticipated (I move much slower as I get older), I thought I would take a trip down memory lane and post a few of the cards that I have created for the 4th of July/ Memorial Day in the past. 

To find the cards and links for this post, I used my  “Labels” section at the very bottom of my blog.  In the beginning of blogging, I used quite a few labels for each post so I had to put this section at the very bottom of the page (keep scrolling and you will see it:-)). 

To find the cards, I "clicked" on Patriotic (I have 22 posts with a patriotic theme) and am sharing ten of those cards with you today.   This set of cards will showcase a a variety of styles as well as a few cards using stamps that are not normally considered "Patriotic" starting with the year 2013 through 2017.  

I tend to favor Mixed Media cards but do have a few Clean and Simple/Clean and Layered cards in the post as well :-)  If you have a chance to comment, please let me know which style you like the best and I will try to design cards using that style in the future:-)

If you would like to view the rest of the patriotic cards from the past six years, just go to this link and you can see them all (scroll through the post, then click onto "Older Posts" to continue to see all of the cards). 


This card was designed for an SUO Challenge in 2013 using the retired
 Stampin' Up! images (Sunflower background and Trust God)
- see the instructions here


This card was designed for the SUO150 Challenge in 2016 and
I "cased" my own card (from above) using a different
floral stamp (Dahlia background) - see the original post here


This  quick and easy card was designed in 2014
 using scraps for a few online challenges-
see here for more details



I have several family members that were born on July 4th
so this card was designed with Our Daily Bread Designs and
retired Stampin' Up products with them in mind-
I have more information in this post


This patriotic card was designed in 2015 for Memorial Day using
Our Daily Bread Designs- see this post for more details 



This Mixed Media card was designed in 2016 with Artistic Outpost and
Our Daily Bread Designs using a vintage watercolor technique-
see this post for more details 



Another fun 4th of July Mixed Media card from 2015 using
Artistic Outpost and Our Daily Bread Designs-
see this blog post for more details 




A fun carefree card using Stampin' Up! stamps  for the SUO177 Challenge
 (Beautiful You, Work of Art) - see this post for full details and free instructions



A quick Clean and Simple (CAS) card using a retired Stampin' Up! image -
 see this post for all of the details 



Playing around again with a CAS style using a retired
Stampin' Up! image- see the blog post here for more details

I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane with me :-)    I am so thankful that we are free!! 

I am also so thankful for all of you that take the time to visit my blog.  I know that many of us have not met in person but I consider all of you "friends" and feel so blessed! 

When I started this blog in August 2010, I decided that I wanted this blog to be just for "fun" and not for profit.  As an artist, I find that I can design more freely when I am not under pressure for too many deadlines and/or if money were to be involved- for me, this stifles what I call my "mojo":-)  So at the time of establishing my blog, I decided not to monetize (you should not be seeing any ads) and am very honored that you are here. 

I noticed recently that I am currently at 999,739 visits and am humbled that people from around the world have stopped by to visit my blog :-)  I am sure that number is somewhat elevated by "bots" (false visits) but hope that those of you who have taken the time to visit, realize what a blessing you are to me! 

Thank you, again for the encouragement it is that you have visited my blog- hugs and I hope you have a wonderful  4th of July!!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...