Friday, September 28, 2018

He Will Sustain You



Hi Friends!                                      
        
I hope all of you are having a great week so far!  We are still receiving quite a bit of rain in our area and I am praying for all of those who have been affected by flooding and hurricanes.  I know that we have received over 300% of our average rainfall so far this year and additional local flooding is anticipated this weekend.

I wanted to take a break from housework, etc. and create a quick card,  I decided to use an image from a retired Stampin’ Up! set (isn’t it amazing what you can find when you decide to organize- lol!) and paired it with a current image from Stamp Simply for a simple one layer card.


If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge galleries yet, I encourage you to do so- gorgeous ideas and projects by all!

To create this card:

1). De-static a piece of white cardstock (FYI- I used a piece I had in my stash that I had obtained free from my previous job at a printing company- it has a bit of a matte gloss finish and is quite heavy).  Ink the floral image from the retired Stampin’ Up! Sunflower Serenade stamp set with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  

2). Once the embossing has cooled, use a water brush and watercolor the image with  Tim Holtz® Distress Inks and Stampin’ Write Markers (see colors listed below).  Use a soft gray marker to add a few shadows.

3). De-static the lower right hand area for the sentiment, ink the verse image from Fear Not (Stamp Simply) with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

The card is finished- quick and easy and no additional postage required :-)  

Stamp Sets: Sunflower Serenade (retired Stampin’ Up!), Fear Not (Stamp Simply)
Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim  Holtz® Distress Ink- Tumbled Glass, TH Distress Markers- Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Stampin’ Write Markers- Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Early Espresso, Smoky Slate

Paper: White Heavy Duty Cardstock (not sure of manufacturer- from my stash)
Accessories: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy™, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

I love the fonts used in the Stamp Simply Fear Not set, don't you?  Such a versatile stamp set with verses that can comfort during times of stress, loss and illness.  I received this set as a gift from a very precious friend and absolutely love it!

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- hugs and I hope all of you have a blessed weekend, my friends!

2 comments:

RaeDeen Bittner said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love the sunflowers...and the Scripture! Stay safe, My Friend! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Nonni said...

Very beautiful! I love the blue bg around the flower, all the colors really pop. Beautiful watercoloring. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More and I hope to see you playing along our current CASE the Guest Designer challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...