Saturday, September 11, 2010

PPA59 & SSC168- Thanksgiving

As I mentioned in the previous post, I had a portion of the main medallion image left over so I decided to go ahead and make a card using this  “cut-out”.  Since this piece was already stamped with the PPA59 Challenge colors, this card came together rather quickly.



I decided to incorporate the sketch from Stamping 411 with the Operators #SSC168 along with other pieces that were already embossed from previous projects- see http://www.stamping411.blogspot.com for more details on the sketch challenge.

I love the sentiment that comes with Day of Gratitude (have I mentioned often enough how much I love this set?) so I decided to stamp this for the center sentiment and using the medallion as a background.

Although it appears otherwise, I mounted the greeting under the previously cut out piece from the medallion image and mounted this onto the layered the Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise with the retired So Saffron Ribbon and the three of the new pearls.

Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude
Cardstock: Old Olive, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice and Petals-A-Plenty EF, Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers, Pearls, Dimensionals and 5/8” So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon (retired).

Thanks again for visiting- I hope you like this card!  I am so thankful that the Lord has given me so many friends through the art of stamping- God Bless!

14 comments:

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

WOW! I have to say those PPA colors scared me this week. Which is why I chose not to do the challenge. But you did a GREAT job with them!!! Love this set and cannot wait to get it! I will definitely be coming over here for inspiration when it arrives. :)

Patti C said...

Such a pretty card. What a lovely combination of colors. Great job.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors together. I followed over from Stampin Connection.

Kerin said...

Love love love that image and the colors you used for it! Thanks for playing along this week :)

Cindy said...

Just gorgeous. Love the texture behind the image and the ribbon. Pearls are a nice touch.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Don't have this set but will soon.....I'm off to order it!!!

Selene Kempton said...

What a GORGEOUS take on both of the challenges. This is stunning! Thanks for playing along with stamping411. I'm going to have to check out the challenge on PPA. :D

Rose said...

Very nice - I love all the dry embossing detail!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!! Thanks for taking the time this week to play along with us!!

Patti Chesky said...

I love what you've done with this medallion. It is such an incredibly beautiful card!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the colors! Wonderful use of that stamp set!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Julie! Thanks for playing with the 411 this week!

gbarron56 said...

Julie -- this card is absolutely amazing. The colors are fabulous together. Great use of texture and shading. I just may need to Case this one! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators this week. Blessings, Gretchen

Scrappywonder said...

awesome card!! tfs, R ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...