Saturday, September 11, 2010

PPA59 Color Challenge



You will need to check out this week’s challenge at Pals Paper Arts PPA59 http://www.palspaperarts.com – I just noticed that they are now offering some blog candy:-)



I have not had a chance to make a card with the exclusive SU! Bigz Lattice Die lately and as I contemplated the layout of the design, I had a feeling that the points on the main stamp image from Day of Gratitude would match perfectly to two layered Lattice die cuts, and to my amazement, they did!


The above photo shows a close-up of the medallion and the points of the Lattice Die. I knew that the two rotated Lattice Die cut-outs would be wider than the average card size of 4 ¼” x 5 ½”, so I decided to create a 6x6 card front that could be used either as a card or a scrapbook page.

Utilizing the sponge dauber technique to color the medallion image from the stamp set, I stamped two images- one for the background layer and another to punch out the center with the 1 3/4” circle punch (this left a cute floral image that I hope to incorporate into another card). After sponging the edges of both layers, I inserted one of the new Glimmer Brights Brads into the circle layer and attached the circle with SU! Dimensionals to the main medallion image (lining up the images). I used SU! Dimensionals again to layer the stamped images onto the Lattice Die cutouts – of course, I wanted to line up the points of the medallion to the points on the Lattice Die.

I layered this onto an embossed layer of Tempting Turquoise and using the Eyelet Border Punch, created a lace border along the bottom edge. I was hesitant to invest into the Satin Ribbon (I have such a large stash of ribbon) but since I have taken the leap- I just love it! I decided to use my new 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon and the sentiment was created with the new XL Decorative Label Punch.

 Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude
Cardstock: Old Olive, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Big Shot, Elegant Lines and Square Lattice EF, Bigz Lattice Die, Punches- 1/16” handheld, 1 3/4” Circle, XL Decorative Label Punch and Eyelet Border, Sponge Daubers, Glimmer Brad and 5/8” Old Olive Satin Ribbon

Thanks for visiting and all of your encouragement! I hope you have a wonderful weekend- God Bless!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love how you used the challenge colors! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Creative Heart Designs said...

I love your card and the way you used the lattice die cuts. Very colorful and well made.

Deb in Texas
Creative Heart Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...