Monday, November 26, 2012

Chickadee Christmas- "Hybrid" Clean and Simple


Hi Stampers!   

In January, I decided to sign up for the CCC12Splitcoaststampers Christmas CardChallenge and create at least 20 cards per month- unfortunately due to my unforeseen overtime work schedule and a few unexpected Design Team assignments, I am woefully behind on my commitment :-(

While enjoying an extra day off during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I decided to take a day to create a set of Christmas cards for the CCC12 Challenge using the Splitcoaststampers WT402Challenge- Black and White with a “pop” of color.

One way I have found that is successful in creating a batch of cards is to utilize My Digital Studio (MDS) to create the images and then use dry embossing, ribbon and other techniques to create a “hybrid” card.  I love the crisp and detailed image of the bird with MDS :-)  

 Just a reminder- if you have not tried MDS yet, now is a great time since it is half price through November 28th (check out the Online Extravaganza Sale thru my Online Store).

Smaller circle image 
I used MDS to print out the chickadee image from Beautiful Season (in several sizes to fill the entire piece of 8.5 x 11 cardstock), the sentiment from More Merry Messages and a few sentiments from Christmas Lodge onto Whisper White cardstock.  

FYI- All of these sets were additional downloads that I purchased after the initial investment in MDS but the digital version of the stamp sets are so economical that I like to purchase the actual stamp and the digital as well to supplement my “inventory” - a girl cannot have too many stamps! :-)

Some of the cards I used a Circle Punch to cut out the chickadee image and others I used an oval Sizzix Framelit™ or just cut a rectangle with the paper cutter around the image.  Add the "pop" of color on the berries using a Real Red Stampin’ Write marker.

Easy Rectangle Image 
Layer the focal image onto a Whisper White or Basic Black card front (Whisper Whitee embossed with the Petals-A-Plenty and Basic Black with the Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder).  

Punch banner corners on some of the sentiment pieces (using the corner of a 1” Square Punch) and layer onto Basic Black or Real Red.  Adhere at an angle either at the top or bottom of the focal image. On one of the sentiment banners I used the Circle Punch to round the corners versus the banner points :-)

Add the 5/8” Real Red Satin Ribbon bow, adhere to a Whisper White card base and you are finished!
   
Version with the Lacy Brocade Basic Black card front 
Stamp Sets:  My Digital Studio- Beautiful Season, More Merry Messages, Christmas Lodge

 Ink: Printer Ink- Black , Stampin’ 

Write Marker- Real Red

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Petals-A-Plenty and Lacy BrocadeTextured Impressions™ Embossing Folders, Oval Framelits™, 2" and 2 1/2' Circle Punches (or use the Circle Cutter),  5/8” Real Red Satin Ribbon (retired)
Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful week and hopefully, I will be sharing more Christmas cards shortly (time is running out! :-))

1 comment:

Victoria Selix said...

Gorgeous! I really need to use MDS for cards more often! Love your bows....way out of my league!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...