Monday, December 6, 2010

PPA71 Merry Christmas

Hi Stampers!

I created this card using the colors from this week’s Pals Paper Arts PPA71 Challenge (see http://www.palspaperarts.com/).  If you get a chance, stop by their site to check out the great samples from The Pals Paper Arts Design Team along with all of the other wonderful entries. 

Since I never throw out a punch out or stencil- just in case:-), this card compiles quite a few of those”extras” along with other scraps from previous projects. 

To create this card:

Using the Big Shot and the Snowflake #2 Die, cut out a snowflake from Whisper White cardstock.  FYI- Here is mistake #1- I originally used this snowflake as a stencil with a Sponge Dauber and had sponged Regal Rose onto a Whisper White circle for another sketch challenge and then stamped the medium snowflake from Northern Hearts in Early Espresso.  I was not entirely thrilled with the stenciled circle (but of course, I kept it just in case:-) and I decided to use the stencil snowflake piece instead.

I already had a two pieces of cardstock previously embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper EF- a piece of Pear Pizzazz (also sprayed with Frost White Shimmer) and a narrow piece of Early Espresso (sprayed with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint).

Using the Big Shot, I embossed a piece of Regal Rose with the Square Lattice EF, layered this onto Whisper White and assembled the rest of the layers.  Using the 1 3/8” Circle Punch with Early Espresso for the circle in the center of the Snowflake stencil and the Snowflake Punch with Whisper White for the embellishment in the middle of the circle. 

Finished off with the sentiment from Christmas Greetings, Rhinestone and a 5/8” Early Espresso Satin Ribbon bow. 

Stamp Sets:  Northern Hearts (Holiday Mini Hostess Level I), Christmas Greetings
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Regal Rose
Ink: Early Espresso, Regal Rose
Accessories: Big Shot, Snowflake #2 Die, Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper EF, Sponge Dauber, 1 3/8” Circle Punch, Snowflake Punch, 5/8” Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone, Frost White and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (mixed with 70% Alcohol).   

Thanks again for visiting- I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love the snowflake Julie. It's a great card! TFS

Dale Morin said...

Great card. Like how you used non traditional colors. They work well together.

Shari Winterstein said...

Great card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Gopi said...

Love this card.....the green and pink look great together....you're def inspiring me!

I'm following you via SC...please stop by and visit my blog as well :)

http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

Stampin' Diva said...

WOW!!! Great card. The snowflake really makes a statement. Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

Ann Schach said...

So much wonderful texture! Great use of the challenge colors. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Patti said...

What a pretty card using "scraps". I find myself saving bits and pieces too. Just have to use them. Please stop by my blog to pick up your stylish blogger award that I am paying forward.
http://whatareyouinking.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...