Sunday, January 30, 2011

PP32- Paper Players Blog Hop

Hi Stampers! 

As promised, here is the set of cards that I made for this week’s PP32 Blog Hop Challenge at The Paper Players (http://www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/).  This week, The Paper Players is hosting a Blog Hop- if you have arrived here from the Blog Hop, I am stop #5 on the tour!   Please leave a comment and click here to visit Leanne for your next stop on the "hop"!   There will also be a link for the all of the stops at the end of this post.

I decided to try a "hybrid" card using My Digital Studio (MDS) images from the new Occasions Mini (see side bar on the left for complete Mini catalog) .  I have owned MDS since it first was available, but to be honest and I have not used it as much as I should.  Now that I have taken the time to try a hybrid card, I will be sharing more in the future- so stayed tuned  :-) 

To create card #1:


Using MDS, print the bird image from the Nature Brush Set and the definition “inspire” from the Define Your Life Stamp Brush Set onto Whisper White in Basic Black.  

I printed several images on a 8 ½”x 11’ sheet- one great thing about MDS is that you can have hundreds of stamp images on the go, plus you can enlarge and reduce the size of the images (not to mention that it is ideal for those of you who may be “storage challenged).   

After printing and cutting/punching out the stamp images for this card , I colored with the bird with SU! Watercolor Pencils, sponged, “spritzed” and mounted onto Basic Black. 

I created the background layers using the En Francais background stamp with Crumb Cake ink, The Tearing Edge and the Big Shot with several embossing folders and, of course, Sponge Daubers :-) 

Add the ribbon, bow, label and pearls and viola! the card is finished!

Stamp Sets: En Francais
MDS Stamp Brush Sets: Define Your Life, Nature, Thoughts & Prayers
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper EF,  Sponge Daubers, The Color Spritzer Tool, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake SU! Markers, SU! Watercolor Pencils, Modern Label and Medium Oval Label Punch, 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Pearls


To create card #2:
Using MDS, print the bird from the Nature brush stamp set (this time a larger size) along with the sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers onto Very Vanilla and print a piece of the Botanical DSP on Whisper White.

Tear, distress, sponge the Botanical DSP, Newsprint DSP scrap along with a piece of embossed Chocolate Chip.  Not Quite Navy (NQN) with the Finial Press EF is used for the background.

Sponge and “spritz” the bird image, mount onto Chocolate Chip and NQN.  Create a tag for the sentiment, add the 5/8 “ Victoria Crochet Lace and Vintage Brad. 

Stamp Sets:  None
MDS Stamp Brush Sets: Define Your Life, Nature, Thoughts & Prayers
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, MDS Botanical Garden DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press and Square Lattice EF,  Sponge Dauber, The Color Spritzer Tool, Distressing Tool, Chocolate Chip SU! Marker, 5/8” Victoria Crochet Lace, Antique Brad

Once the design was determined, both of these cards were quick and easy to create plus my husband could not tell that they were digitial images- if I had not told you, could you?

     To continue on with The Paper Players Blog Hop Challenge #32, click here

The order of the blog hop is as follows (you can jump on wherever you like!):

1.     Anne-Marie Hile- www.stampinanne.blogspot.com
2.     Ann Schach- http://www.stampinchic.com/
4.     Jeanne Kupsh- http://happy-jeannie.blogspot.com/
6.     LeAnne Pugliese- www.weeinklings.blogspot.com
8.     Marlene Peters- http://marlenehandson.blogspot.com/
9.     Nance Leedy- http://nanceleedy.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for visiting my blog- please continue on the blog hop!   I hope all of you have a blessed week- have fun stamping! 

78 comments:

Lenas kort said...

Just love this to cards :-) You are so talented :-)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Awesome!!!! You outdid yourself!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What great cards! The colors have that vintage feel.

Becky said...

Love your cards...

Kelly Toth said...

Your cards are beautiful. I am stamping challenged. I may have to try MDS.

Susie said...

Beautiful cards - love that robin image.

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, what a fantastic idea to use MDS for images you do not have. I always think I can only do a scrapbook layout!!! Fabulous!

Your cards are stunning!

http://nancylempinen2.blogspot.com said...

Get out, I didn't realize they were digital images, very nice job! I'm gonna have to get on that wagaon.
Love the way you spritzed the bird image and the colors are fantastic together. I'm always a fan of blue, but I think the other one won me over this time...both lovely though.

Nikki Bond said...

These are fantastic! Love that vintage look. {SMILES}

None None said...

Beautiful cards and I would not have known that they were made with MDS. They are truly stunning and very vintage-y.

Debra said...

Gorgeous card TFS!

JanD said...

What beautiful cards. In answer to your question, no I couldn't tell that they were digis. I may have to check out that program...

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely STUNNING! I adore this bird image, and your creative style is over the top beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

I just discovered your blog on this hop and am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Sandy S. said...

Great cards! I too have not used MDS as much as I should. I will have to start playing with it more. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rita W said...

I have been thinking about trying a hybrid card and I think this was the push I needed. I love that you were able to make sure beautiful cards with so much texture!

Angela said...

Two awesome cards! The torn edges are the perfect touch! And I definitely wouldn't have noticed those were digital images. Great idea!

lisa808 said...

No, I would not have known you used digital images! The earthy colors you chose are perfect with this set.

Cristy Butzen said...

I really like the blue card! TFS

jaydee said...

Julie
i love what you did with this set. They are both fabulous cards. I also love the fact that you colored the bird to match the background card stock. Great point about using MDS to do this.... being able to size the bird to your project.
Really beautiful cards
hugs
jaydee

Lesley said...

Hi Julie,
I did not know these were digital images! Wow! I love that! You have been a wonderful guest designer for us at the Paper Players! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication!!
Hugs!
Lesley

Linda said...

Oh I wish it was a real robin then spring would be here. All I see is white and more coming:(
I love you amazing card. The whole hop cheers me up on these long gray day.
I am a new follower.
I would love to have you visit my blog.
Hugs,
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Ooooo, soooo pretty! I would have never know these were digis. I have been contemplating giving the studio a try since I do not own Photo Shop. Just curious, can you change the color of the images.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

that is so beautiful. love it

jimlynn said...

Fabulous card! The bird just almost looks REAL! So pretty.
Lynn

LeroyLime said...

Birds have always reminded me of my Grandma, she knew every one. So when I saw your little red Robin, I fell in LOVE, wonderful job coloring and the background is beautiful!

creations by jackie said...

Gorgeous cards and very clever of you. You're right not sure I would have known they were MDS. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards! i'm not a digital fan, but i might warm up to them now. :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

What gorgeous cards Julie. Love the colors and how you've texturized them. TFS! Great blog hop.

LeAnne said...

Oooh, I love both of these and I can't believe you did them in MDS!! Vintaged up just the way I like them!

Unknown said...

Lovely cards. Your coloring, and color coordination for each card is awesome. Very talented lady! TYFS.

Anonymous said...

Julie, your cards are beautiful, and I would NOT have guessed that the images were digital! Thanks for sharing your talent and tips!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Both cards are beautiful. I never would have guess you used MDS... hhmmmm I do have MDS and now I'll have to try this (newbiee) style. Very nice tips as well. TFS.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful vintage cards! Love how you used the same stamp and created two totally different looks!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your cards, and I love the Nature Walk stamp set. You've done a lovely job!

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful cards!

Elizabeth said...

Oooh! Lovely! I have just 'discovered' the wonders of vintage projects and I love what you have done with these cards.

Traci Davis said...

Wow, both are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous color combinations! I love what you created with MDS!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, you are so right...I never would have geussed it was a digi image if you didn't spill the beans. WOW!! I may have to re-think MDS. Both of your cards are just stunningly beautiful and I am always so impressed by your amazing details. So, so pretty! :)

Kate Stockman said...

Love your cards. I haven't learned how to use the digi images but after seeing these cards, I'll be checking it out.

Jan said...

Great cards - great vintage look!

Kim said...

Beautiful cards and NO, I couldn't tell they were digital! Fabulous use of MDS!

Christine said...

First of all, your Queenie looks like my Lizzy. I love my cat. I love Stampin up too. I really like how you did the background and the edges of your card. It's beautiful. I love vintage.

Linda said...

Oh, wow--these are awesome! And thanks so much for reminding me I need to be using my MDS images more than I do...maybe my "Anything Goes" entry will be a hybrid, thanks to your great ideas ;-)

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful - love the rich tones! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hands On said...

These cards are stunning Julie. Love the vintage theme. I can't even name all the elements that I love. Just know I'm being tempted to actually buy this set!

Roberta said...

Great job on your cards! I really like the vintage look! Thanks for sharing!

Babe O'Mara said...

Your cards are truly beautiful. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for sharing.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Pam~ said...

Fabulous cards! Love the colors you have used on both of them! This bird is so realistic!

Jeanne H said...

Lovely mix of "old" and "new", Julie.

Melissa said...

Beautiful..thanks for sharing!

paper fun said...

I love the speckled effect on the first card. Lovely design.

redstampinsam said...

I'm just a sucker for stamp sets that include a birdie image -- and this is one of the prettiest. I love your cards!

Kathy Mc said...

No, I couldn't tell you used digital images. Great job making hybrid cards and using MDS. Your spritzing really adds to the nature effects of these fabulous cards. Thanks for a fun blog hop!
bdlakebum at yahoo dot com

Dani art 4 U said...

I love this stamp set. Hope we get it in Oz! Love your cards especially the first one. xoxo

Carla said...

Both cards are stunning!!! So rich in color and details. Awesome!!! Hugs,

Beverly said...

Digital? Wow, wouldn't have know that at all! Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration to try the tech. Have a great day! :)

jcasto4 said...

Very pretty - luv the vintage look!

Anonymous said...

So lovely! I love the vintage look and you talented ladies make it look so easy! Thanks for sharing an awesome creation!

Melissa said...

Beautiful cards!!

meonlake said...

Lovely cards! Your work with the digital images is great! Now I must load up my MDS & get busy learning how to do this. Thanks for your inspiration & the digital tips. Marsha E

Linda said...

Love those bird images...spring, come! Thanks for bringing hope.

Cookie said...

love your bird cards

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful cards Julie! Love all the distressing--you do that so well! Love your color combos too...gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by during the hop! {hugs}

Michelle James said...

awesome job-love the vintage look!

Patrice H said...

Wow! I could not tell!!! THANK YOU so much for doing this and for giving me such great ideas. Your cards are lovely and you are very cleaver for thinking out of the box. Thanks I am storage and financially challenges as I want it all lolol. This is a great solution to my temporary problem!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love those cards. I especially love the colours. It never crossed my mind to ever purchase this stampset, but the more and more I see beautiful cards like yours, the more it makes me want that set. Beautiful job!

doverdi said...

Beautiful cards! TFS!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow Julie love your cards and you used one of my favorite sets as well!!

Unknown said...

oh I love this!! I too have not played with my MDS too much,but now I want to go and do this!! I especially love him in the red=)) TFS!

Heidi said...

These are great. I had no idea there were hybrid. COOL!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Cam said...

OMG I didn't know that it's digital. So cool.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Stunning Julie! Wow! You have had so many visitors for this one! Hugs xxaxx

Patrice H said...

Thanks for stopping by My Little Patch of Dirt and for leaving such a nice comment. I still love your project and the way you used the MDS!

Karen said...

Great cards Julie. I really like how you show cased MDS and how vesatile the software is. Great choice.

Veronica Z said...

Your cards are works of art!! So beautiful!

Crystal said...

Oh Julie - these cards are GORGEOUS! In a vintage way! :) Love everything about them...saving for future inspiration! :) tfs

Teepee said...

Wow, no I don't think that I could tell that this wasn't a "real" stamp! Good job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...