Monday, January 10, 2011

PPA76 Wish Big !

Hi Stampers!

I have been working with the new stamp set Button, Button for an upcoming SU! Event and decided to use the colors in this week’s Pals Paper Arts PPA76 Color Challange (http://www.palspaperarts.com/).   I chose to add black to the card since the buttons seem to lend themselves to a contemporary feeling.

To create this card:

De-static a piece of Whisper White with the Embossing Buddy and stamp the various button images in Versamark and heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder (EP).  Using a Sponge Dauber, ink over the embossed areas first with Baja Breeze, nest with Pear Pizzazz and follow-up with Perfect Plum.  I like using a Sponge Dauber since you can put a bit more pressure than with a sponge and really spread the ink around.  Sponge the edges with Perfect Plum and gently wipe off the ink off the embossed areas to reveal the clear embossing.

Layer this image onto a Basic Black layer and again onto Whisper White.  Add the sentiment and Rhinestones.  

Spritz a piece of Pear Pizzazz with 70% rubbing alcohol and process through the Big Shot with the  herringbone pattern from the Textured Backgrounds I set.  Also use the Square Lattice EF to emboss a piece of Basic Black and layer to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Button, Button and Short & Sweet
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Clear EP, Sponge Daubers, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Textured Backgrounds I, Rhinestones

Thanks again for visiting- have a blessed week!

4 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

Wow! I love the technique you used on your card and those button stamps look terrific! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love the look of the background! A striking card!

Crystal said...

You absolutely rock on the techniques, Julie! Thanks so much for sharing this neat card with us!

MarvA1ix said...

I love this card!! I am crazy for buttons, and decided yesterday that I wanted to buy the button stamp set. I am so excited now that I saw your card, and can't wait to try your technique. Thanks for your great designs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...