Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another Get Well Card!


Hi Stampers! 
I wanted to create another quick, easy card (since it is still the work week and I cannot stay up until 3am and get up to go to work as easy as I used to :-)) so I decided to use the Sunny Challenges and Creations 010/11 Sketch/Theme along with the colors from this week’s Splitcoast CC343Color Challenge (More Soft Tango).  Again, if you have the time, stop by and give them some stamping "love" :-)
Every so often I like to pull out one of my retired sets- in fact, the majority of my stamp collection from the past 12 years is now retired (I cannot part with them yet) and I thought that one of the butterflies from Wonderful Wings would be perfect for the theme portion of the challenge.   I just love the images in this set, in fact, I think all of God's creations are so exquisite and this butterfly is no exception :-)
Also note- One thing that I love about sketch challenges is that they are created to motivate and inspire you, so generally it is allowed to flip or reverse the layout as long as you still maintain the original design (I decided to flip mine).

To create this card:

With the Big Shot™, emboss a piece of Soft Suede with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (this piece I had already embossed in my scraps- I told this was a quick one). 

De-static a piece of More Mustard with the Embossing Buddy® and stamp the butterfly image with Versamark™ ink.  Apply Basic Black Stampin’ Emboss® powder and heat emboss with the Heat Tool.  Once cooled, use a Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Write marker to color within the wings. Mount onto a layer of Basic Black and use a Soft Suede Stampin’ Write marker with the Color Spritzer Tool to add additional interest.

Punch a piece of More Mustard with the Eyelet Border Punch and use the Crimper to add texture.  Attach a piece of 3/8” Kraft Taffeta Ribbon and adhere to the Soft Suede panel.

Stamp the sentiment with Soft Suede Classic Ink, punch with the Word Window Punch and layer onto a Basic Black Modern Label Punch.  Mount the focal image and sentiment layer- add pearls to finish off the card.

Originally the neutrals for the color challenge were White and Vanilla- I did not realize this until I finished the card (hopefully they will not “boot” the card off the challenge gallery).

Stamp Sets:  Wonderful Wings, Teeny Tiny Wishes
InkSoft Suede, Versamark™, Stampin’ Write Markers- Soft Suede and Tangerine Tango
Cardstock: More Mustard, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Accessories:  Big Shot™, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders , Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® Basic Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Eyelet Border, Modern Label and Word Window Punches, Color Spritzer Tool, Crimper, 3/8” Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Pearls  

Thanks again for stopping by – have fun stamping and creating!  I am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday :-)! 

3 comments:

Vicky W said...

Stunning Julie. I adore your colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunny Challenges & Creations

Kris McIntosh said...

Beautiful Julie, your butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love the color combo!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...