Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July- Another One for the Birds :-)


Hi Stampers! 

I wanted to create another quick easy Christmas card using the July 2012 Creative Crew colors- Gumball Green, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler and since I love birds, decided to play along with the “SUO48 For the BirdsChallenge” at Stampin’ Up Only Challenges  as well. 

This card was extremely simple- first cut out two Top Note Dies using the Big Shot – one from Very Vanilla and the other from Gumball Green (trim the Very Vanilla along the perforated edge). 

Stamp the chickadee from Beautiful Season using Basic Black Classic ink and color with the Aqua Painter and ink from the pads of Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Basic Gray.

Add the 1/2” Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon Bow with the Antique Brad and adhere to the embossed Very Vanilla panel.

Add the sentiment to finish off the card.  I would recommend hand delivery due to the brad but you could omit the brad for mailing purposes…

Stamp Sets:  Beautiful Season, Come to Bethlehem

 Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Basic Gray, Basic Black

Paper:  Very Vanilla, Gumball Green

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Bitty Banners Framelits™, Northern Flurry Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder,  Aqua Painter, Extra Large Oval Punch, ½” Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Antique Brad

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you like this quick, easy card- I had fun making it!!   Have a great weekend and God Bless! 

6 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

I think this is my favorite bird of all the SU! birds! I just love that you added the Northern Flurry snowflake to really make it feel like Christmas. Thanks for joining with the SUO Challenge Design Team this time around!

Mary Brown said...

Oh Julie...how pretty! I just love that image and love how you paired it up with the snowflake embossing folder! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge this time!

Jen Timko said...

These colors are so pretty together and wonderful for this stamp. Love that bow! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Karen Barber said...

This is a soft and lovely Christmas card....I love the layout, the soft colors, the pretty coloring.....thanks for playing along in our challenge this week - your card is one of my favorites!!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Hi Julie! Such a beautiful card that you made. I'm so glad that I was able to meet you at the SCS Creative Crew too! Now I'm going to thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' Up! Only Challenges! We always appreciate your participation and helping us spread the word about what we love! Hugs and blessings.

Dale Morin said...

Such a beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...