Monday, October 28, 2013

Thanks for Caring- An Inspirational Photo and Sketch Challenge

Hi Stampers!!

I had a great day relaxing yesterday and hope all of you had a wonderful weekend as well!  I just love this week’s Stampin’ Royalty’sSR199 Inspiration Photo- the neutral color palette as well as the checks and polka dots!  When I look at this photo, I can just imagine the crisp autumn days in preparation for the holidays ahead.

Now, I have a confession :-) I have been a SU! Demonstrator for 14 years now and have not sold any of my retired sets- I love them so much!  Not to mention Designer Series papers, the patterned papers prior to the double-sided DSP that we now offer, watercolor pencils, pastels, wheels, retired inks and cardstock, you name it, I love it and have kept it all of these years! 

The problem is that my craft room is so crowded that I need to start using up some of the older supplies.   When I saw this photo, it reminded me of the really old retired background papers (prior to even being called Designer Paper) and I knew I had numerous My Digital Studio (MDS) images ready to go on Very Vanilla cardstock as well as Whisper White (again, printed from previous projects to “fill” up the page and pre-cut with dies and or punches), so I decided for this challenge, I would limit my supplies.  

I pulled out those old background papers that had checkerboard and polka dot patterns and the MDS images along with some other retired DSP, ribbon and misc. supplies from my massive "stash" :-).

This was actually liberating as I limited myself to create with scraps, previously cut and embossed pieces of cardstock and the above items.  

I had so much fun that I created six different designs that were all inspired by the SR199 Stampin’ RoyaltyInspiration Photo (thanks SR Design Team) as well as a few other sketch/theme challenges- I will be creating separate posts for each card:-)  


The first card based on the SR199 Inspiration photo utilizes the CAS(E) This Sketch#51 Challenge and was very quick and easy to make.

To create this CAS card:

Use the Big Shot™ with the Pretty Print Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock and layer this onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock.  

Add the retired Night and Day herringbone paper DSP to the top of the card front, add the gray lace along with the black satin ribbon bow (misc. supplies from my "stash").

Attach the My Digital Studio (MDS) sentiment from Thanks for Caring (re-sized, printed onto Whisper White cardstock, punched out with the XL Oval Punch and layered onto two additional XL Ovals punched from Basic Black cardstock).

Add a few Pearls to the top right hand corner to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Thanks for Caring (MDS)

Ink: Printer Ink- Black

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Night and Day DSP

Accessories: Big Shot™,  Pretty Print Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder,  XL Oval Punch,  Pearls, Lace and Satin Ribbon (from my stash)


Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous Monday!  

 If interested, as I create the other posts for the additional five cards, I will be add the "links" to this post for those cards...so stay tuned -).  

4 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Julie, I've been "allowing" myself to use my retired stash more and more often, and I agree that it is very liberating! I loved the stuff when I bought it, why can't I keep loving it? So I for one enjoy seeing a card made with retired goodies and I love yours today. Great neutral color pallette.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so lovely and elegant!

Chrissy Larson said...

Very classy!

Betty said...

Really pretty. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...