Wednesday, February 19, 2020

TCC129 A Friend Loves


Hi Friends!

Isn’t this a cute inspiration photo?  I was inspired by those sweet snowmen as well as the colors from the warm wood sign, the pine branches and cones plus the white to create a Clean and Layered/ Mixed Media card!

I am still striving to ink up my older sets and also my personal challenge to complete a card for each of the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenges (they have over 700 sketches so far and I believe I am over a third of the way finished :-)).  

With this in mind, I have several snowman images including a few sets that have never been inked before, so I created went on a snowman card making spree and created three separate cards based on our inspiration challenge :-)  

The first card that I am sharing is the one I chose to use for my DT sample.  I used the retired Snow Much Fun stamp set from Stampin’ Up! along with a sentiment from A True Friend (current set available at Divinity Designs, LLC).  I paired the stamped items with a few patterns of retired designer series paper (also retired Stampin’ Up!) and used an embossing folder to add texture to the background (looks like a warm sweater- a bit difficult to see in the photo).


This card was an easy card to create- 

Ink the snowman image and sentiment with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, stamp onto white cardstock and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. 

Once the embossing has cooled, watercolor the image with watercolor pencils and water-based markers.  Once you are satisfied with the coloring, die cut the image with a stitched circle die, mount onto a circle die cut from espresso cardstock.

Use a poinsettia knit embossing folder to emboss a piece of white cardstock, mount onto espresso cardstock and adhere to a white card base.

Create the layers with designer series paper (per the sketch), mount each onto espresso cardstock and add the layers directly to the background panel.  Adhere the the snowman circle image and trim off the edge of the circle flush with the card front on the right side.

Add the layered sentiment with dimensional foam or chipboard (lately I prefer chipboard :-)).

Finish off the card by adding a few rhinestones to the sentiment layer and using a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the snowman, snowball and snow.


Stamp Sets:  Snow Much Fun (retired Stampin’ Up!), A True Friend (Divinity Designs, LLC)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black,  Stampin’ Up! Basic Gray Watercolor Pencil, Arteza Trimarkers- Lime, Dark Green, Turquiose, Florescent Orange; Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, retired Designer Series Paper (Stampin’ Up!)

Tools/Accessories: Gemini, Jr™, Dies- MFT Stitched Circle STAX, Sizzix™ Circles Tim Holtz™ Alterations™ Poinsettia Knit Embossing Folder,  Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Rhinestones

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!  I hope I have inspired you to create your own card based on our {Warm Winter Wishes} photo and link up to our gallery at The Card Concept- we would love to see what inspired you! The challenge is open until Monday, March 2nd  at noon EST. 

1 comment:

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet card, Julie! I love the sweater embossed background, that cute snowman, and the verse sentiment! Perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...