Saturday, December 18, 2021

Merry Christmas Wreath

 




Hi Friends!

I mailed out my Christmas cards this week (I know I am a bit behind schedule) and realized that I am short approx. 40 cards! I believe that some of my cards are going to be late (again) this year! 

I tend to start in January on mass-producing Christmas cards, but by mid-February, I get side-tracked with other Design Team commitments and other holidays- Valentines, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc. Before you know it, Christmas is here!

Maybe 2022 will be the year that I can keep up with my personal commitment to make 20 each month, we'll see, lol! :-)



I created this quick card using the Seasonal Wreath Stamp Set- Fall/Winter Bundle along with the new Carta Bella Happy Christmas 6x6 paper pad along with dies and supplies from Stamp Simply!  FYI- Some of the elements I already had die-cut and were in my stash, so it was quick but would take a bit of time if you had to die-cut the tag, lace and rectangle :-).  





As some of you who follow my blog know, I enjoy playing along with online challenges and will be linking this card to the  Color Hues #31 “Red & Green” Challenge, the Word Art Wednesday #521-#522 “Anything Goes” Challenge and the Hand Stamped Sentiments #379 Inspiration Challenge (I was inspired by the greenery in the packages as well as the red ornaments).  


If you have not had a chance to visit the Stamp Simply blog or the other challenge sites yet, I encourage you to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

De-static a piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp the wreath and poinsettia image from the Seasonal Wreath Stamp Set- Fall/Winter Bundle with Versafine Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.



Die cut each with the coordinating dies from the Seasonal Wreath Stamp Set- Fall/Winter Bundle and color the poinsettia with water-based markers.

Die cut a tag from white cardstock using the medium size die from the Tim Holtz Tag Collection dies.

Die cut the medium size rectangle from white cardstock using the Spellbinders Amazing Grace Hemstitch Rectangle Dies, de-static the die-cut and heat emboss the sentiment “Merry Christmas” from the Seasonal Wreath Stamp Set- Fall/Winter Bundle (same steps as above).

Trim a piece of the Carta Bella Happy Christmas 6x6 paper to approx. 3 ¾” x 3”.  Adhere to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of white cardstock. Adhere the panel onto a piece of black cardstock, trim close to the edge.



Mount the entire card front panel onto a white card base.

Die cut the paper lace from another piece of white cardstock using the Tim Holtz Crochet Die, mount onto the card front. Add a strip of the dark floral pattern from the Carta Bella Happy Christmas 6x6 paper across the card front (this will cover the edge of the lace die cut and cut edge of the snowflake patterned paper).

Use a scrap of the same floral paper to fill in the area at the top of the tag and adhere layered sentiment rectangle onto the die cut tag.

Add the die cut wreath and floral image onto the tag.

To finish off the card, loop a piece of sage twill ribbon through the top of the tag and tie with a piece of burlap string.

Stamp Sets: Seasonal Wreath Stamp Set- Fall/Winter Bundle (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black, Water-based Markers- Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Mossy Meadow (all Stampin’ Up!)

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black ; Carta Bella Happy Christmas 6x6 paper

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., Seasonal Wreath Stamp Set- Fall/Winter Bundle, Embossing Powder Tool, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing PowderSizzix Thinlit Dies by Tim Holtz- Tag Collection, Sizzix Thinlits Dies by Tim Holtz- Crochet , Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace- Hemstitch Rectangle Dies, May Arts 5/8” Twill- 30 Yard Spool- Sage , May Arts Burlap String- 400 Yard Spool-Natural

Also, don’t forget, there's still time to save with the December sale at Stamp Simply (use code DECEMBER20 to save 20%)!  


Thanks for taking the time to stop by- I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas week and Happy New Year! 

12 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, you've created a really pretty card. I love it!

Patricia said...

HI Julie,
Your card is beautiful and I don't feel so bad now that I see someone else that is short on cards also. I thought I was caught up by the beginning of December but found myself about 30 cards short. So I am still making and sending cards as well. Like you, I hope next year to be able to keep up each month.

Karen said...

You are not alone in finding yourself short! My cards went out this week as well, although I did get the international ones out it time, and know that some of them have arrived. Your pretty wreath layered on the tag is lovely, and I love the paper lace peeking out at the bottom of the card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues! Enjoy your holiday!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

So gorgeous, Julie - your coloring is always so crisp and pretty! Love the holiday look of this - I'm a sucker for a well-dressed front door, lol, which this totally reminds me of! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin Expressions said...

Such a pretty holiday card! I love all the traditional colors! I am also a little late with getting cards out so I can really relate. Thank you so much for playing along with HSS!

Fiona said...

Love that tag on your card - I adore cards with added tags and this is so lovely for our challenge - thanks for sharing with us at HSS

Nancy said...

You have a beautiful card here, Julie! I love cards with tags and the added lace and DSP strip were both great ideas! Merry Christmas and thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

What a fab stamp set and a brill card. I'm usually short on my Christmas cards but I really tried to get ahead this year, though I must admit I don't send out as many cards as I used to!
Thanks for taking the time to link up at Color Hues. :)

Stampin by Genny said...

Wow! Love all the details and textures on your beautiful Christmas card. I so love to add tags to cards and you did a great job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin With Leah said...

You have created a beautiful and detailed card. I love the red, black and white colour combo.
Thanks for joining us at HSS.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a delight to see you in the gallery at Color Hues, Julie! I love the sweet greenery and tag design. A beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...