Saturday, June 17, 2023

Sunflower Season

 



Hi Friends!

This week the Stamp Simply Design Team have been sharing their favorite stamp sets.  I always have trouble picking a favorite since I love all of the stamp sets at Stamp Simply!

I love the sunflower image as well as the fonts on the sentiments in the Sunflower Season stamp set.  I also love the coordinating die in the Sunflower Season bundle and how it matches the floral image perfectly.



I enjoy playing along with online challenges and since sunflowers are also one of my favorite flowers, I am participating with The Flower Challenge #81 “Use Your Favorite Flower” Challenge.  I am also playing along with the Word Art Wednesday #599-#600 Anything Goes Challenge.

 



To create this card:

Ink the sunflower image using Versafine Onyx Black ink, stamp onto white cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Once the embossing has cooled, color with water-based markers and die cut with the coordinating die.

Die cut two additional flowers from plain white cardstock and layer behind the colored image.



Trim a piece of Craft Consortium Ink Drops – Earth designer paper to 4” x 5 ¼”. I loved this particular piece of paper since it looked like a painted landscape and thought it would be a perfect backdrop for the sunflower :-)




De-static the lower right hand area and upper left hand area with an embossing powder tool.

Ink the sentiments from Sunflower Season with Versafine Black Onyx ink, stamp onto the prepared areas, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Mount onto a piece of black cardstock and adhere to a white card base.

Mount the die cut sunflower image with dimensional foam.

Use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the petals and add a few rhinestones to finish off the card.


Stamp Sets: Sunflower Season Bundle (Stamp Simply)

Inks/Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black, Craft Consortium Ink Drops 6x6 Paper Pad- Earth

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., Stamp Simply Dies- Sunflower Season Bundle, Kaisercraft Round Rhinestones- Split Pea, Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Thanks again for stopping by!  I hope I have inspired you to check out the rest of the gorgeous stamp sets available at Stamp Simply!

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Julie, you had me at sunflowers - they are my favorite flower! But then add all of the fabulous details of this card and I am even more impressed. WOW!!!

Kate said...

What a lovely card Julie and that DP was the perfect choice - subtle enough to let your sunflowers and sentiment shine! Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Stef Perry said...

I love sunflowers too Julie and yours is so fabulous! The water-based markers made some beautiful colors on the petals and your background dsp is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...