Wednesday, September 8, 2010

CQC49 Razzle Dazzle

I decided to make another card this evening since I most likely will not have time to stamp tomorrow evening.

I absolutely love the color choices this week's ColourQ Challenge #49- see http://colourq.blogspot.com for more details.

I will most likely make another card for this challenge but my first card is using a stamp set that has been somewhat neglected- Razzle Dazzle. I like the main image but at times find it difficult to think of ways to use it – it reminds me of Pennsylvania Dutch artwork so I thought that these colors may work well together with this main image in this set.



I inked the entire floral image with Marina Mist and then using sponge daubers, “pounced” Soft Suede, Night of Navy and Pacific Point around the image in various areas. I stamped this main image onto Whisper White- I love to see the blended colors with this technique.



I punched the main image out with the XL 2 ½” circle punch and used a circle cutter to cut the Pacific Point and Marina Mist circles. I feel that I always need to use an Embossing Folder (what did we ever do without our Big Shot?) and I used the Finial Press EF folder on the Whisper White and Soft Suede background layers.



Finished off with 5/8” Night of Navy Satin Ribbon and the sentiment from Watercolor Trio stamped in Night of Navy and layered on a Marina Mist Scallop Oval. The first photo is without pearls and since it seems that I can not make a card without pearls anymore, I added them and took another photo.



Here's the one without the pearls-
Which one do you like better?

UPDATE- What an honor- this card was chosen as one of the Courtiers!  Thank you for all of your kind comments and encouragement!

Thanks again for looking- enjoy your Wednesday!

9 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful! I need do do that color challenge too, I love the colors for this one!

Krista said...

This is so pretty ! Great job !

Jen said...

This is stunning! love the pearl accents. It's nice to see this set used with something other than raspberry! lol

Patti C said...

Beautiful card. The colors do work together very well. I prefer the pearls. They are one of the best additions to this year's catalog.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful cards, Julie! The pearl one really stands out. I always wonder, Did I do enough? Tough to answer. Thanks for playing the CQC!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty--I love how you used the different ink colors on your main image---what a fun technique!

Unknown said...

This turned out so PRETTY! Love the texture! Beautiful card and I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q!

Crystal said...

Oh, I just LOVE what you've done with the Razzle Dazzle stamp...beautiful!! tfs

Lesley said...

So pretty Julie! The sponging on the main image is a great effect! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...