Sunday, September 26, 2010

Friends Never Fade with the CCMC117 Inspiration Challenge

Hi Stampers! 

I wanted to create a card for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary CCMC117 Photo Inspiration Challenge (see http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com) along with the SSC170 Sketch Challenge from Stamping411 with the Operators (http://www.stamping411.blogspot.com/  . 

I love this sketch and this birthday cake has so many details! 

I decided to focus on some of the colors versus the birthday theme and chose to ink up my Friends Never Fade stamp set.

This card utilizes the emboss resist technique on the new Blushing Bride Hostess Level I Designer Paper.  I stamped the floral image from the set with Versamark ink first, then directly into Cajun Craze before applying the Clear EP.

Using a sponge dauber, I applied additional Blushing Bride ink onto the embossed images to soften the design on the DP and before running the Blushing Bride Cardstock through the Big Shot, I sprayed the cardstock with alcohol (70%) to achieve a deeper impression. 

I only had the larger SU! pearls left (my new order will arrive on Wed) so I may replace these pearls with the 3mm size.  The ribbon is from my stash and matches the Cajun Craze ink perfectly.

Stamp Sets:  Friends Never Fade
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Cajun Craze
Ink: Versamark, Blushing Bride, Cajun Craze
Accessories:  Big Shot, Finial Press EF, Sponge Daubers, Heat Gun, Clear EP, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Texturz Backgrounds I, Pearls, 5/8” Satin Ribbon from my stash

I hope  you enjoy this card- I had fun making it!  Have a great week and thanks again for visiting and leaving a comment :-)

18 comments:

Kerin said...

This is stunning! Love the color & texture, and of course the pearls make it even more gorgeous!!

Deb said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card. Amazing detail. I love the way you used the pearls along the punch border. Thanks for playing along at SUO Challenges. Hope you will join us again in the future.

Deb said...

This is really pretty! Great job with the cake challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! You nailed the cake inspiration...love all the texture and details! Great job!!! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Denise Willerton said...

love your card Julie! breath taking!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great job on the challenge - thanks for playing along!

Mary Brown said...

You really put the sketch and the inspiration together so nicely! Thanks so much for playing along on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

OMG!!! I love your style. I just looked at your blog and what gorgeous card. I hope you'll share with us often

stampinthyme said...

This is so beautiful. I wasn't so sure about Cajun Craze when they introduced but now I am a fan.
Simply a beautiful card. I love the new SU! pearls.
Love your blog too!

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful use of color and texture!

Patti Chesky said...

This is amazing! The mix of the textures, images....and oh yes, all those wonderful pearls!

Unknown said...

This is stunning!!! I love the richness of the color and that texture is just right!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

Melina said...

blushing bride and cajun craze go well together. I love that!

Thanks so much for joining us at SUO Challenges :)

Crystal said...

WOOOOOOOOOOW, Julie! This is gorgeous! What a lot of great detail! Thank you so much for sharing with us! :)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card! Love the work with the pastels. G :)

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I mean the inks! G :)

Ali Manning said...

What a beautiful card - I love those pearl accents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...