Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May12 Vintage Swap Card


Hi Stampers! 

I have been extremely busy the past few weeks with creating projects for the Creative Crew MayChallenge on Splitcoast Stampers and swap cards for our quarterly group meeting.  My upline, Cindy Fodor spends so much time preparing a great meeting for us- she is the best and we had such a wonderful time- thanks Cindy and family! 

Our swaps must have at least two layers and two embellishments.  I love to use ribbon and brads and lots of layers, so thankfully not a problem on that end....but for some reason I always seem to struggle with the design of my swap cards.  Not sure why my “mojo” seems to disappear and this year with the catalog transition (and the discontinuation of my favorite satin ribbon), I really had a tough time... which means that I am up to the wee hours of the morning the few nights leading up to the meeting trying to finish.  Who needs sleep anyway? :-) 

I finally decided to create a semi-vintage card using Nature’s Pace- love that little bee.    I am really allergic to bee stings so I do not like bees outside in the yard but I think that the images are so cool!

To create this card:

Stamp the bee image onto Whisper White cardstock using Basic Black Classic Ink.  Color the bee and flowers with Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. 

Use the Big Shot™ with the Designer Oval Frame Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, cut out carefully around the oval and sponge a bit of Crumb Cake and Soft Suede to “antique” the paper.

Mount onto embossed Early Espresso (using the Square Lattice Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder and Decorative Label Punch). 

Emboss a piece of Crumb Cake and Wild Wasabi with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (first ink the smooth interior of the embossing folder with Crumb Cake ink to add dimension). 

Add the Not Quite Navy layer (embossed with the Stripes Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder and punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch).  Adhere the ½” Crumb Cake Seam Binding ribbon with Antique Brad to finish off the card.

I did not add a sentiment so that an appropriate one could be added later.  Occasionally I like to have cards on hand that can be customized to the specific need at the time :-)

Stamp Sets:  Nature’s Pace

Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy

Ink:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders- Decorative Frame (oval), Perfect Polka Dots, Square Lattice, Stripes, SU! Watercolor Pencils, Punches- Decorative Label, Scallop Trim, ½” Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Antique Brad, Sponge Daubers

Thanks again for stopping by!  I hope you like this little bee card- have a great week stamping and creating! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...