Monday, May 5, 2014

Peace on Earth- A CAS Sketch and Monochromatic Color Challenge

Hi Stampers!!

I am so far behind on my own commitment to create at least six Christmas cards each month for the CCC14 Splitcoaststampers Christmas card challenge!

I wanted to do a quick Clean and Simple (CAS) card and when I saw the CAS(E) This Sketch! CTS#74Sketch, I thought it would be perfect and decided to use The Card Concept#9 Monochromatic Purple Color Challenge along with the TLC480 SplitcoaststampersTry A New Technique Challenge (stamp the sentiment over the image). 

Again, I hope you will have time to stop by to visit all of the linked sites above to see all of the wonderful Design Team samples along with the other wonderful entries!

I ended up creating two different cards- the first one was a bit darker than the second....I have not made the multiples yet, which color combo do you prefer?

To create the darker card:

Create a mask using sticky notes and using a sponge dauber to apply Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink onto the sky area, following with Perfect Plum Classic Ink. 

Ink the tree image from Lovely As A Tree using Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink, remove the mask and lightly apply a bit of Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink onto the snow banks for a few shadows.

Re-mask and stamp the large pine from Lovely As A Tree using Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink onto the front of the card.

Add a few snowflakes using the Chalk Marker and add Dazzling Diamonds to the snow banks using Two-Way Glue.

Stamp the sentiment using Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink and trim the panel.  Mount onto Elegant Eggplant cardstock onto the Whisper White card base to finish off the card.

To create the lighter card:

Following the same steps above, use retired Almost Amethyst Classic Ink onto the sky area and follow with Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink (I did not use Perfect Plum Classic Ink on this card at all) :-).   

I did not add any additional ink on the lower portion of the card but the shadows from the photo make it appear as though I did :-)  

Stamp Sets: Lovely As A Tree, Holly Tag Set (ODBD)

Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, retired Almost Amethyst

Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant

Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Sponge Daubers


Thanks again for taking the time to visiting- have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card! looks so real

Jenni's Jems said...

They both are gorgeous but my favourite has to be the first one, the shades of purple reminds me of winters night at dusk x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! What a fabulous take on the sketch!

Maureen Merritt said...

This card is stunning, such a creative take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! I saw this on 'the card concept' and had to pop over for a closer look.
My fav is the darker one - just stunning!
Caroline xxx

Kay Miller said...

Wow!!! This is stunning! You have created a truly magical scene here! Absolutely gorgeous work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Jen W. said...

These are both stunning, Julie! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful cards! I saw your card at The Card concept and recognised the sketch!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! Awesome design, Julie! I love them both, but I think I prefer the second one. Really impressive use of that unique sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Julie, this is STUNNING! You are such an amazing artist - always admire your gorgeous work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...