Monday, August 3, 2015

DTGD15JulieGearinger- Mixed Media Love and Prayers

Hi Stampers!!

Woohoo!!  Today is the day!  I am hosting my very first Dare To Get Dirty Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!!

As I mentioned in my previous posts, Dare to Get Dirty is an annual event that allows the Splitcoaststampers’ Fan Club members to participate in several challenges hosted by the Dirty Dozen Girls (current and alumni, like me) in creating cards but also the possibility to receive prizes from the member companies. 

To participate in Dare To Get Dirty, you have to be a Splitcoaststampers’ Fan Club Member, and if you are not a Fan Club member, here is the link to learn more about joining.    The Dare To Get Dirty for 2015 is from August 1st until August 7th (deadline for uploading your cards is August 10th) and it is a fun time of chatting in the challenge forums as well as being creative creating cards. 

While the Splitcoaststampers site is free, there are many benefits to becoming a Fan Club member and for the $25.00 a year membership fee (less than a penny a day), you can help support this wonderful stamping resource!  

I personally visit this site several times a day- so for me it seems to be a terrific bargain!!  And no, I do not receive a commission if you sign up- lol!!, I am just one of their unofficial “cheerleaders” since I am one of the Dirty Dozen Alumni and just love the site so much- between the galleries of wonderful inspiration, free tutorials, forums and challenges- this site has helped me immensely with my journey into the world of papercrafting!

One rule of participation in the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges is that the actual challenge details are secret to all except the Fan ClubMembers…I can share the card but not the details on the actual challenge (unfortunately, any details on this card will reveal the challenge details, so if you have any questions, please let me know in the comment area).  

I hope you enjoy my Mixed Media card for my DTGD15JulieGearinger Challenge :-)

Stamp Sets: En Francais (retired background), ODBD Sharing Your Sorrow
Ink: Stāz-On® Midnight Blue, Gelatos®, Ranger® Tim Holtz® Distress Stains and Alcohol Inks

Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant

Accessories: Big Shot™, MFT Royal Rose Die, Gesso®, Distressing Tool, Stencils, Water and Alcohol Spritzer Bottles, Gelatos®, 3/8" Perfect Plum Taffeta Ribbon, Crochet Lace, Pearls, MS Leaf Punch, Chipboard, Crackle Paste

Thanks again for visiting- I will be sharing more of my sample cards for the Dare To Get Dirty challenges over the next few days … hugs to you, my friends!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I"ve not been home for several weeks and am still in the process of catching up on things missed while away. Love all your beautiful cards but must say the American Goldfinch is my favorite of the several I've just viewed....I'm a sucker for birds. But I also especially like the one with 2 butterflies and think it's the color that grabbed me on that one. All of your artwork is gorgeous and many times I don't comment because of time constraints but appreciate all your pieces. I did join the Fan Club but have not been on very much again I run out of time...I apparently am not using time correctly. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...