Friday, January 29, 2016

F4A310 Serenity- Sending Wishes Your Way

Hi Again  Friends! 

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week so far!  I have been creating a few cards this week and this card was my sample for the Splitcoaststampers’ Freefor All F4A310 “Get Your Zen On” Challenge (see details here and gallery here).  

The "Get Your Zen On" Challenge is inspired by the Adult Coloring Book rage right now, and if you do not own one a coloring book, you can "Google" Adult Coloring Book Printables and free pages are available online.

The colors look a bit more vibrant in the photo than IRL :-)
Well, I tried to print a few freebies, but ever since I switched my laptop to Windows 10, my printer has been acting up.  The printer would just not cooperate so I decided to stamp my coloring page :-)
  
I started to look over my stamp collection and recalled that I had this retired Stampin’ Up! background stamp, Serenity (from 2002) and thought that it would possibly look like a coloring book page...  I am ashamed to say that this is the first card that I have ever created with it- yes, I have owned it for 14 years or more- again, too many stamps and not enough time- lol!! Although, that is about to change since my sweet hubby is retiring- yippee!! and my fulltime job ended as well...after 47+ years of working FT/OT for hubby and 40+ years of FT/OT for me, we will both be enjoying retirement :-)

I think that this vintage image would be perfect for Mother’s Day and I will have to remind myself to get this one out again soon!

To create this card:

Ink the Serenity background stamp with Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock (I always stamp my background stamps by keeping the stamp face up on the table, ink with the stamp pad onto the rubber stamp, place the cardstock onto the image and rub the back of the cardstock with a piece of scrap paper or your hand to transfer the image).  FYI- This image is very large so I started out with a 5 ½” square and once I was finished coloring, etc. cut it down to the A2 card size.

After stamping the background image, color the image using various Prismacolor Berol® Colored Pencils (I have had these in my stash for ages) along with a blending stump and Gamsol® to blend the colors.
To "Antique" or "Not to Antique" - that is the question- lol!
Trim the panel and stamp the sentiment from Butterfly Basics set using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink.

Mount the panel onto Early Espresso, trim again and mount onto the Lovely Lilac card base.

At this point the card is finished, unless you are like me and just had to add more...  I decided that it was not “vintage-y” enough so I grabbed my sponge applicator and applied Ranger® Tim Holtz® Old Paper and Tea Dye Distress Inks for the second version.

Which one do you prefer- stark white or the tea dye version?  

Stamp Sets:  Serenity (retired 2002 Background Stamp), Butterfly Basics (sentiment)- both Stampin’ Up!

Ink: Stāz-On® Jet Black; Prismacolor Berol® Colored Pencils, version #2- Ranger® Tim Holtz® Old Paper and Tea Dye Distress Inks

Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Lavender Lace

Accessories: Gamsol®, Blending Stump


Thanks again for stopping by- hugs and have a blessed weekend, my friends!

2 comments:

StampingJudy said...

It is beautiful.. I too have owned it for many years but I have used it! You did the stamp real justice with your coloring and I really like the Distress ink around the edges.

Deborah345 said...

I have not use that stamp for years. I need to get it and give it a full coloring...wonder how it will do with copics......

You card is super beautiful and bright.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...