Friday, January 15, 2016

ODBDSLC269 Happy 16th Birthday Nicholas!

Hi  Friends!

I had a chance to create a birthday card this week for my nephew (shhh... he has not received this card yet and I hope that he does not check my blog- lol!) :-) 

I inked up the brand new sets from Our Daily Bread Designs, Plough the Fields and Saddle Up for the ODBDSLC269 “Something Old, Something New”Challenge.

Nicholas will be 16 soon and has been helping a friend on his farm since he was a young boy.  I think he will like this new Plough the Fields stamp set image from Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) and I love the way that depending on how you color it, you can create a scene for summer or winter.

In addition to the “new” ODBD stamps sets from the December 2015 Release, the“old” items are the retired Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper (DSP) for the embossed background (not sure of the name or date at this time- maybe 2005 or so) as well as the twine that I had in my stash (this twine was re-purposed from packaging I received a while back).

I also incorporated the Splitcoaststampers’  CC563 Color Challenge along with the SC406 Sketch Challenge.

If you have not had a chance to visit the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge site or the Splitcoaststampers’ galleries, I hope you will find the time to do so- fabulous inspiration in all of the galleries.

This card is pretty straight forward to make: Stamp the images, color with markers, distress with inks, die cut with rectangle dies and layer, assemble and finish off with various hardware.

I apologize for the short instructions- if you have any questions, please let me know in the comments (I am still suffering from an injured shoulder and it is difficult to type on the computer).

Stamp Sets:  Plough the Fields, Saddle Up (ODBD)

Ink: Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink, Stampin’ Up! Markers- Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Smoky Slate; Ranger® Tim Holtz® Old Paper and Tea Dye Distress Ink; Crystal Effects®

Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Early Espresso, retired Stampin' Up! DSP- Manhatten? not sure of the name

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Chevron Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, ODBD Double Stitched Rectangle Dies, MFT Stitched Rectangle STAX Dies, MFT Horizontal Stitched Strip Dies, 1 ¾” Circle Punch, retired GoGo Boots Sizzlits™ Dies, Antique Brass Brads, retired Hodgepodge Hardware Ribbon Slide, Twine

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and I hope you have a blessed weekend, my friends!

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colors - so perfect for that image.

RaeDeen Bittner said...

Love your card, Julie! Beautiful color combo. Being a farm girl, the tractor brings back lots of special memories! I'm sure it will be a hit with your nephew. Hope that shoulder heals up quickly, Friend!

Becca Cruger said...

This is just soooo glorious! It's so hard for me to make guy-themed cards but this looks so effortless and amazing. Love the splatteryness paired with the bright colors. Happy to be a new bloggy follower!

Julie Gearinger said...

Ladies, thank you so much for your sweet comments!! You are all such an encouragement to me and my shoulder is feeling better with each passing day :-) Thanks again for taking the time to comment- you have made my day brighter for sure!! Hugs and God Bless :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Julie!! I have seen your work close up and personal and your creations are even more beautiful in person. This is stunning!! I adore your coloring!! The background behind the tractor is so creative! I am sure your nephew will love it!! Such a creative and textured design!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!! Thanks also for the gorgeous Christmas card you sent me!! I so love it and have it displayed. I pray for you and your hubby each time I look at it!! Praying all is well!! Sending you hugs!
blessings,
Chris

America said...

Totally GORGEOUS work! Love it.

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful Julie!! Miss you my friend! I love seeing your cards!! Love this tractor card (I don't have the tractor, RATZ!) Love the embossed bg too. So pretty!!
Blessings!

Cards By Jan said...

Oh I love your card...Just a perfect boy card, and especially if you love the farm or tractors, your nephew will love this!! If he doesn't ...my address is......lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...