Saturday, October 24, 2020

The Peace of God

 

Hi Friends!

Woohoo- I am so excited! One of my very favorite stamp companies, The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has invited me to be a part of their Design Team!!

I absolutely love The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's  line of clear stamps/dies plus they have so much more in their store- an amazing line of ribbons, lace, paper, adhesives, mixed media supplies, etc.! If you have never visited, I certainly hope you will take a moment to stop by!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to design at 100% capacity for a while (due to my broken left wrist -see this post if you are interested for more details) but I just had to create a card this weekend (when I can not be creative, I get depressed)!  Does this happen to you?

Stamping with only one hand is doable (especially with the help of a stamping positioner tool and electric die-cutting machine), but trimming paper, stenciling, fussy-cutting, and layering are a bit trickier. Thankfully, I am right-handed, and in addition to the helpful tools, I have a wonderful hubby!




In the design of card, I decided to pair several Stamp Simply stamp sets, die as well as designer paper, an embossing folder and even a stencil from their store (although it is hard to see the stenciling in the photo). I had so much fun, I threw in the whole “works”, lol!  I have all the details below….

As many of you who follow my blog know that I also enjoy participating with online challenges.  This card will be linked to the Sweet Stampers #49 “Autumn or Halloween” Challenge along with the Word Art Wednesday #462-463 “Anything Goes” Challenge.

If you have not had a chance to check out the above challenge sites yet, I encourage you to do so- so many wonderful designs from the Design Teams as well as their galleries! 

To create this card:

Here is where I would normally post detailed step by step instructions, but my left arm in a cast to my elbow, it is a bit difficult to type, so I will summarize the details on this card.  

But, please, if you have any questions at all, comment below and I will respond to you as soon as possible.


Trying to get a view to show the stenciling :-)


The top layer was dry embossed with a script embossing folder, the lower brown layer was stenciled (it is a piece of designer paper and I used brown oxide ink with the stencil).   The stenciling is very subtle and difficult, if not impossible, to see in the photo but it is there, lol!

The “lace” is a die available at Stamp Simply and the ribbon along the pearls were from my stash.

The main floral image was stamped, heat set and colored with water-based markers.  A clear glitter marker was used on the petals and an extra fine white paint pen was used to highlight the sunflower centers. 

The verse from Christmas Peace was stamped onto white cardstock and die cut with a fishtail banner die.  I love this particular verse for Christmas but it is also perfect for a sympathy or encouragement card (this set has several verses that can be used all year round)!


Both the sentiment and the floral cluster images layered onto additional dies from whit cardstock (to give them strength) before being mounted onto the card front with chipboard for dimension.

The following Stamp Simply supplies were used to create this card:

Christmas Peace Clear Stamp

Floral Clusters- Fall Flowers Clear Stamps

 Fishtail Sentiment Banners Dies

 Floral Cluster & Sprigs Dies (part of the Floral Clusters Bundle with Die)

Sizzix Thinlit Dies by Tim Holtz- Crochet

Darice Embossing Folder- Script Background

Studio Light Wonderful Autumn 6x6 Paper

Tim Holtz Layering Stencil- Flourish

 Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad

Zig Wink of Stella Brush- Clear Glitter Marker

 Other Supplies used from my stash:  

Dark Brown Satin Ribbon,    Adhesive Pearls,   Heat Tool,   Extra Fine White Paint Pen,      Water-based Markers - So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Suede (all Stampin’ Up!);   Tim Holtz Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink, MISTI tool, Gemini, Jr. 

 I am so thrilled that you took the time to visit me today! I hope that I have inspired you to be creative this weekend, sweet friends and you are able to stop by again soon!

5 comments:

StampinwithAnita said...

Congratulations Julie! Such a beautiful card made while you have a broken wrist…can’t wait to see your work when you are back 100%. Get well, my friend❤️

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, to say that I am elated to read this wonderful news is an understatement! Congratulations to you and to Stamp Simply Stamps! I love Sharon's shop and especially love her Stamp Simply Stamps. Your card is exquisite, and I love the layout with the wonderful elements and always love Scripture! I've continued to pray for you and trust that you will heal well and quickly. Much love and tenderest hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Congratulations, Julie! You'll be such an asset to their team. Sheesh! You even create gorgeous cards with one hand. (I'm sorry about your broken wrist!)

Dreja said...

Ganz wundervoll gemacht.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Kuni said...

Such a beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...