Saturday, October 3, 2020

The Joy of Sets- Guest Designer for October

 


Hi Friends!

Woohoo! I have the honor of being a Guest Designer at The Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge for the month of October!  

When you play along with the #JOSTTT Challenge, and if your card is chosen as a winner, one of the “perks” is being a Guest Designer for a month- how cool is that?

This month’s challenge grid is below:

I decided to pull out some of my retired sets (many of you who follow me know that I am making a concentrated effort to ink up the sets that I own) and decided to use the weathervane image from DC Life’s Direction (My Favorite Things) and paired it with the  Scripture Medley 2 verse sentiment (Verve Stamps).  Actually, I think that this may only be the 2nd card I have created with the weathervane set and I have owned it since 2015- too many stamps and too little time!

I went with the first column down:  Black, Script, Ribbon plus the diagonal from the far right down- Stitches (Faux), Silhouette, Ribbon and the center row across (Script, Silhouette, Checks).  

Wow, I just realized that I also have the far-right down- Stitches, Checks and Glitter- see how easy a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge can be? 

I incorporated the Splitcoaststampers Sketch #473 Challenge (from 2014) into the design (my sentiment is shifted a bit since my bow was so large, lol!).

FYI- Another goal of mine is to create a card for each one of the SCS sketches which is now over 800 and thankfully, they do not expire :-) 

In addition to the SCS Sketch, I will also will be linking this card to the Word Art Wednesday #458-#459 “Anything Goes” Challenge.


If you have not had a chance to check out The Joy of Sets Challenge site yet, I encourage you to do so- wonderful designs from the Design Team!  Plus, take a moment to check out the other challenges sites- so much gorgeous inspiration, sweet friends!

To create this card-

Using Distress Oxide inks along with a stencil and stencil brush, blend the ink onto the white cardstock for the background- Tumbled Glass at the top, Peacock Feathers in the center and Twisted Citron for the bottom. 

While still keeping the stencil in place, use a clear glitter pen to blend some of the colors and add shimmer.

Once you are satisfied with the background, spritz a bit of water to add additional distressing and dry  thoroughly with a heat tool.

Ink the weathervane image with Versafine™ Black Onyx ink, stamp onto the background, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Repeat the same process with the verse sentiment stamping in the lower right-hand corner.

Die cut the sentiment with a smaller rectangle stitched die, then die cut the entire panel with a 4” x 5 ¼” stitched rectangle die, mount onto black cardstock (there will be an opening in this panel from the sentiment die cut).

Mount both onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.

Add the black and white checked ribbon strip over the card panel (this will cover up some of the die cut sentiment area).

Mount the sentiment in the lower right-hand corner using chipboard (or dimensional foam) and adhere the entire panel onto a white card base.

Create small photo corners for the sentiment (I just cut these out by hand) and add the black and white checked bow to finish off the card.


Stamp Sets: DC Life’s Directions (retired My Favorite Things), Scripture Medley 2 (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim Holtz® Distress Oxide- Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron; Sepctrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: Gemini, Jr™, My Favorite Things™ Stitched Rectangle STAX A2 Set 1 & 2, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 7/8” Black and White Checked Ribbon, Claritystamp™ Stencil Brush, Memory Box™ Heartwood Stencil

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by and I hope all of you have a fabulous weekend/week!  Plus, today is World Card Making Day- will you be creating cards today?   

We hope you can create a project and join us at The Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, this looks fabulous!

StampinwithAnita said...

Beautiful card, Julie and kudos to you for using what is in your stash. I am going check out your challenge recommendations♥️

Angie McKenzie said...

Absolutely gorgeous inspiration for the #JOSTTT022 challenge, Julie. So happy to have you as a guest designer this month. Looking forward to having you on the team in 2021! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...