Wednesday, September 8, 2021

TCC159 Colorful Fall

 


Hi Friends!

Welcome back to The Card Concept!  Our Design Team has rested over the summer and we are thrilled to be back with our first challenge, #159 {Colorful Fall}!

For those of you who are not familiar with The Card Concept Challenge, we are a bi-weekly challenge that uses an inspiration photo for you to create a card. 

Will your card be inspired by the colors in the photo (or color dots), the elements, the textures, the theme or something else?

Also, you can choose one card-making style or a combination of styles, the choice is yours!  Plus, our Design Team of eleven ladies create a card to help give you even more inspiration!

I do not know about you, but I absolutely love this photo! The beautiful colors (especially the unusual pop of purples) inspired me to pull out my Memory Box Grand Maple Frame die along with older cardstock and a retired stamp set to create a Clean and Layered card!

Also, as those of you who follow me know,  I enjoy participating with other online challenges and will be linking to Use Your Stuff Challenge #430 Anything Goes.  I have owned this Grand Maple Frame die from Memory Box for a few years and this may be the first card I created with this die!  Finally, able to use some of my “stuff” (as hubby calls it, lol!)

If you have not had a chance to visit The Card Concept, or the Use Your Stuff challenge site yet, I encourage you to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all! 


To create this card:

Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼”.  Ink the sentiment from the retired Stampin’ Up! Best of Sale-A-Bration set with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, stamp onto the panel at the lower right hand side and heat set the ink with a heat tool.

Mount onto a piece of black cardstock and adhere to a white card base.

Die cut the Grand Maple Frame die from Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Sage Shadow, Lovey Lilac and Marvelous Magenta cardstock. 

Once die cut, use Press ‘n Seal on the front of each die cut frame to hold the pieces of the die together. FYI- I will admit, I do not use intricate dies like this that often (I am all thumbs at times, lol!) and it seems to take me forever to create a card, but I love this die!  The Press ‘n Seal trick (I believe I first saw this from Jennifer McGuire) works great!



On another piece of white cardstock, use some adhesive over the entire piece, then position each piece of the die (I started with the black frame piece first).  Again, this will take some time but I tried to use the colors in the color dots from our inspiration photo.

Once finished, trim close to the edge of the outside frame, use a bold Pitt Penn black marker to color the edges and mount directly onto the card front.

Use a clear glitter marker to add shimmer to all of the colored portions of the die cut image and add a few black rhinestones to finish off the card.  

Stamp Sets: Best of Sale-A-Bration (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink, Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Marker, Pitt Penn Black Marker

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Sage Shadow, Lovely Lilac, Marvelous Magenta (current and retired Stampin’ Up!)

Tools/Accessories: Gemini, Jr., Grand Maple Frame Die (Memory Box), Heat Tool, Black Rhinestones. Press 'n Seal

Thanks again for stopping by!  We hope you will have the time to create a card based on our inspiration photo and join us at The Card Concept! The challenge is open until September 20th  at noon EDT.

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, this is so pretty! Lovely leaf!

Nora Noll said...

What a pretty card!! I love the way you used the colors on this card. That looks like stained glass!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...