Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Card Concept #167 Cuppa Cocoa or Coffee?

 

 Hi Friends!

It’s time for the #167 {Cuppa Cocoa or Coffee?} Challenge at The Card Concept!


I know that most people drink coffee and several of my friends as well as my father like it black, but I have to “doctor” my coffee with a tablespoon of hot cocoa and top it off with whipped cream, lol!

So obviously, I am not a true coffee aficionado and since I am trying to limit my sugar intake, I do not drink my coffee or hot chocolate often :-)

I do love our inspiration photo though and was inspired by the Nordic patterns on the cups, the overall colors and the theme to create a Clean and Layered card!

I decided to pull out several unused items from my stash- the MFT Hot Cocoa Cups Die-namics, some retired Stampin’ Up! items- papers, ribbon, embossing folder and a still current but unloved Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamp set- Cocoa's Cups!

I also was able to use the Splitcoaststampers’ SC727 Sketch for the layout and am linking to the Stamping Sensations “Anything Goes with Stamping and optional Add A Die”Challenge.

I hope you have a chance to check out the rest of The Card Concept Design Team cards and, if you have time, create a card based on our inspiration photo and join us!

This card was simple to create- dry and heat embossing, die cutting and layering. 




The following items were used:

Stamp Sets: Cocoa’s Cups (Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Ground Espresso Distress Oxide, Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker

Cardstock/Paper: White; Early Espresso, Garden Green, retired Purely Pomegranate (all Stampin’ Up!), retired Snow Festival DSP and other DSP (Stampin’ Up!)

Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, retired Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, My Favorite Things Dies- Hot Cocoa Cups Die-namics, Stitched Circle and Oval STAX; Circle Dies (retired Stampin’ Up!), Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 3/8” Raspberry Ripple Stitched Ribbon (retired Stampin’ Up!), Rhinestones

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- we hope you have a blessed week!

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...


Julie, this is so pretty!!! Love it!

brenda said...

A pretty and colourful creation, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations January challenge.

B x

Fiona said...

this is fab,great card.


Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...