Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Card Concept #184b Merry Christmas

 

Hi Friends!

Welcome to the #184 {Happy Thanksgiving} or {Merry Christmas} Challenge at The Card Concept! 

I love both of our inspiration photos!  That warm cozy fireplace along with the beautiful fall colors and neutrals- perfect for Thanksgiving!

I also love the elegance of the Christmas photo and since I am so far behind on my Christmas cards,  I decided to create a Clean and Layered/ Classy and Elegant card inspired by our #184 challenge!  

I wanted to keep my card fairly simple (since I have not had as much time to create this past fall).  

I have been busy trying to keep up with my yard work (my hubby did such a fabulous job on our yard and with my bone on bone knees, it has been slow going for sure, lol!).  I am thankful for all the he did while he was here on earth and am so glad he is with the Lord now and can finally rest :-) I miss him in so many ways!

In addition to the overall elegance of the photo, I was also inspired by the gold and white colors for my Christmas card!  

This was a quick card using a few basic items- gold embossing powder, metallic cardstock, one stamp/die bundle, a banner die, one woodgrain embossing folder and a few pearls (all from Stamp Simply)!  

Quick and easy and relatively flat for mailing.

I also enjoy playing along with other online challenges and will be linking this card to the Tic-Tac-Toe #187 Featured Designer Stef Challenge (diagonal – Scoring/Embossing- Free- Wood).  I used a wood embossing folder (it is a bit difficult to see in the photo, but it is there, lol!).  I am also linking to the Word Art Wednesday #569-#570 Anything Goes Challenge.

I also enjoy playing along with other online challenges and will be linking this card to the Tic-Tac-Toe #187 Featured Designer Stef Challenge (diagonal – Scoring/Embossing- Free- Wood).  I used a wood embossing folder (it is a bit difficult to see in the photo, but it is there, lol!).  I am also linking to the Word Art Wednesday #569-#570 Anything Goes Challenge.

If you have not had a chance to visit our Design Team/gallery at The Card Concept Challenge, or the other challenge sites yet,  I hope you will find time to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

De-static two pieces of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, ink the tree image from O Christmas Tree with Versamark ink, stamp onto one of the prepared panels and repeat the process with the “Merry Christmas” and “Love-Joy-Peace” sentiments on the other panel.  Apply gold embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.




Once the embossing powder has cooled, die cut the tree image with the coordinating tree die and the sentiments with the Fishtail SentimentBanners Dies

Die cut two additional trees from white cardstock and layer the gold embossed tree onto the two blank tree die cuts (I like doing this step to give the embossed main image more stability).

Trim another piece of white cardstock to 5 ¼” x 4”, emboss with the Sizzix 3D Lumber Texture Fades Embossing Folder, trim and mount onto a 5 ½” x 4 ¼” piece of Gold LuxuryPearlescent Metallic Cardstock.

Mount the entire panel onto a white card base.

Add the die cut sentiments directly to the card front and mount the embossed/die cut tree image with dimensional foam.

Finish off the card with a few pearls.

Stamp Sets:  O Christmas Tree Bundle (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versamark

Cardstock/Paper: White, Luxury Pearlescent Metallic 105# Cardstock- Gold

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., Sizzix 3D Texture Fades Lumber Embossing Folder, O Christmas Tree Bundle Dies, Stamp Simply Steel Dies- Fishtail Sentiment Banners,   Embossing Powder Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Pearls-Pearl

I hope you have a chance to create a card and join us for our #184 {Happy Thanksgiving} or {Merry Christmas} Challenge at The Card Concept! 

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope all of you have a blessed week and Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...