Wednesday, May 10, 2023

TCC195 You Are In My Prayers



Hi Friends!

Welcome to our #195 {Floral Spring} or {Garden Birds} Challenge at The Card Concept!

The Card Concept is a bi-weekly photo inspiration challenge and every month for the second challenge of the month we have two photos to inspire your card!  

I hope you will take the time to visit The Card Concept Challenge to check out the rest of the Design Team cards- gorgeous inspiration from all!

I was inspired by the Garden Birds photo for my Clean and Layered Mixed Media card.  I am fortunate to see robins all year round (they do not migrate but tend to move into the forest areas during the winter here in Maryland- well, at least some of them, lol!).

I enjoy participating with other online challenges (I know how much work goes into maintaining a challenge blog and want to give them support). 

I will also be playing along with the Word Art Wednesday #595-#596 “Anything Goes” Challenge and I was able to incorporate the Splitcoaststampers SC166 Sketch Challenge into the design.

If you have not already visited us at The Card Concept, I hope you will find the time to do so.  Gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the DT as well as the other challenge sites.



I decided to pull out some retired designer papers along with a long ago printed digital image from Stampin’ Up! for this card.

I had the robin image from the digi stamp set, Nature (My Digital Studio from Stampin’ Up!) printed and in my stash.

The image was hand colored with water-color pencils, water-based markers and distress oxide inks.

The image was die cut with a rectangle stitched die and mounted onto black cardstock.

The sentiment from the Stamp Simply Blessings/Beatitudes 1 was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

The designer paper layers were positioned onto the sentiment panel (per the sketch) for the background and silver metallic string was wrapped over the panel before adhering it to a white card base.

The hand-colored digital robin image panel was mounted with dimensional foam to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Nature (My Digital Studio- retired Stampin’ Up!), Timeless Textures  (retired Stampin’ Up!), Blessings/ Beatitudes 1 (Stamp Simply)

Inks/Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black; Derwent Watercolor Pencils, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink. Stampin’ Write Markers- Baked Brown Sugar, Extra Fine White Paint Pen

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black, This ‘n That Epic Day Designer Series Paper (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr, Stitched Rectangle Die Sets A2 Set 1 (My Favorite Things), Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, AquaPainter, May Arts Metallic String- Silver

 Thanks again for taking the time to visit! I hope you are inspired to create a card and join us for our #195 {Floral Spring} or {Garden Birds} Challenge at The Card Concept!

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, this is so pretty! Love the gorgeous bird!

SonjaN said...

Gorgeous card! I love birds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...