Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thinking of You and A Lesson Learned Long Ago:-)

Hi Stampers!!

This card was created for the Hand Stamped Sentiments HSSSC162 Sketch Challenge and I decided to use to combine two of my favorite new stamp sets, Wetlands along with Notable Notions. 

Again, if you have the time, check out the Hand Stamped Sentiments site- their Design Team outdid themselves!!

The Canadian Goose and I have a "history"- let me just say, do not try to feed a nesting pair of geese...the male is very protective :-)  This stamp reminds me of this very humorous lesson I learned years ago :-)

To create this card:

Use a sticky note to create the circular image for the “moon” and sponge Cool Cabana Classic Ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  Ink the script stamp with Basic Gray Classic Ink and stamp over the sponged sky area.

Remove the mask and stamp the Canadian Goose image using Basic Gray Classic Ink and use the AquaPainter™ with Smoky Slate Classic Ink to watercolor the feathers and Pistachio Pudding for the grass area. 

Use the Color Spritzer Tool with the Stampin’ Write Basic Gray marker to add a bit of distressing.

Adhere this focal image onto Basic Black and then again onto Whisper White cardstock.

Stamp the sentiment using Basic Gray Classic Ink onto Whisper White and adhere to the bottom of the focal image.  Mount the entire panel onto Basic Gray cardstock.

Add the banners to the side (I used scrap pieces of DSP of which a few were embossed) and the photo corners were created with the retired Photo Corner Punch and hand cut to a smaller size.

Add the Basic Black cardstock layer onto the Whisper White card base- stamp the script from Notable Notions using the Illuminate ink pad, add the embossed Whisper White panel along with the ½” Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon.

Add the Pearls to the photo corners to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Wetlands, Notable Notions

Ink: Cool Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Basic Black Basic Gray, Pistachio Pudding, Illuminate, Stampin’ Write Basic Gray marker

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray, retired Designer Series Paper  

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Argyle and Square Lattice Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders, Sponge Dauber, Pearls, AquaPainter™, Color Spritzer Tool (retired),  Photo Corner Punch (retired), Stampin’ Dimensionals®. Sticky Note for masking


Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you  have a wonderful Wednesday!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Julie! I love the colors. Thanks for your nice comment you left on my blog!

the bean said...

Love your card ! TFS

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Have to say I'm not a fan of the geese..they leave quite a mess, lol! BUT I love this card! The colors and coloring are quite lovely!! Thanks for playing at HSS

Erin Gonzales said...

I am loving your techniques for your card, thanks so much for sharing with us at hSS!

Anonymous said...

Great color combo. Your use of the mask technique is beautiful. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Great color combo. Your use of the mask technique is beautiful. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Great color combo. Your use of the mask technique is beautiful. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Erika Clark said...

Oh, yes, geese can be mean - but not as mean as the beautiful swan, they're vicious! LOL. I love the card, the masked moon is a beautiful addition. Your skill at building layers is like nobody else's! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

Elizabeth Price said...

WOW, this is STUNNING! Your tag is jaw dropping gorgeous. I am thrilled you added your beauty of a card to our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Charmaine Black said...

Hi Julie, me again! I just wanted to say thank you for letting me post my version of this beautiful card on my blog and I hope you get lots of blog visits from Australia to say 'Hi' thanks again, from Charmaine xx

Miss Vicky said...

Absolutely stunning Julie. Saw it on Pinterest & had to leave a comment. Thanks so much for the tutorial, I am going to have a go. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...