Monday, March 27, 2017

The Good News- Jesus Paid It All

Hi Friends!

The Good News
I hope all of you had a great weekend! I had a chance to design a few cards this weekend and wanted to share an Easter card that was created with the Creative Worship Clear Stamp Set, The Good News designed by Korin Sutherland and available at Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps.

I love this stamp set with the variety of sentiments and images- perfect for Bible Art Journaling, Scrapbooking, Home Décor as well as card making and it is perfect for Easter!  I am so thankful that in Christ, we have a Savior who "Paid In Full" and paid it all for my sins and yours- what a wonderful Savior is Jesus, My Lord!!  

My prayer today would be that you know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, that you have trusted in Him to forgive you of your sins and believe that He came down to earth born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for you and me and rose again on the third day!  It is that simple to know for sure that you will spend eternity with the Lord in Heaven- Acts 16:31a "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved".   

If you have not had a chance to visit the SNSS Blog or FB Page, I encourage you to do so- fabulous inspiration from the rest of the SNSS Creative Team is posted throughout the month as well as from the Word Art Wednesday Challenge gallery!

To create this card:

1). Using a clear acetate envelope (cut off the side, top and bottom so you can open like a book), apply distress ink (I used wild honey and carved pumpkin) directly to the acetate, spritz lightly with water, close the “book” and smoosh the inks together, re-open the “book” and lay a piece of white cardstock into the ink, re-applying as needed to fill the paper.


2). Ink the sentiments from The Good News with one of the same shades of distress ink as the background and fill the paper with the sentiments.  Use a stencil brush to apply ripe persimmon distress ink over the edges and background to fill in the rest of the white areas and trim the panel.

3). Mount the background onto a piece of dark brown cardstock and set aside.

4). Trim a piece of white cardstock to approx.. 2 ¾” x 5 ¼”, stamp the “Paid In Full” sentiment from The Good News using espresso ink onto the lower part of the panel and add the background panel to the left hand side.  Trim the panels to square, mount onto dark brown cardstock, trim once more and mount onto the white card base.

5). Ink the nail cross and crown of thorns image with archival black ink, stamp onto white cardstock, fussy-cut the images and color with a taupe water based marker.  Mount the images onto the card front with dimensional foam.
  
6). Finish off the card with a few black sequins and add a bit of shimmer to the words on the background panel with a clear glitter pen.

Thanks again for taking to visit, I hope I have inspired you and that you will stop by again soon- hugs and have a blessed week, sweet friends!

7 comments:

RitaR said...

As I awoke this morning, I began talking to the Lord about how wonderful He is which led me to thank Him for calling me to Himself and saving me. This, in turn, led me to pray that He would pour out His Holy Spirit on this dark world and call many lost people to Himself. How we need such an outpouring!! Just wanted to comment that your continual Christian testimony in your blog posts and in your art is surely one of the ways that the Lord is making Himself known and understood to those who may not yet know Him. Thank you for the beautiful card you posted today .... I love the images of the crown of thorns and the nail shaped cross. Very powerful message that "Jesus Paid It All". Rejoicing!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Thank you Rita for your lovely comment! Yes, we can rejoice that "Jesus Paid It All" and I am so thankful to Him! Alleluia, what a Savior!! Our thoughts tend to focus on His sacrifice especially at this time of year as they should each and every day and I so appreciate you taking the time to comment. I do pray over each project as I design and create it that the Lord will allow the art to speak to those in need of Him as well as to encourage other believers. Your comment has encouraged me so, sweet sister in the Lord- hugs and God Bless!

laurie said...

Wow what an awesome Easter card!!!

Heather Cooper said...

Wow, Julie, I love the juxtaposition of the peachy collage stamping with all the victory words versus the stark white and black indicating the cost of the victory! This card packs a punch! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

What a glorious smooshy background you've created Julie. As Heather said, the contrast between that and the stark colour and images in the other half is thought provoking. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

YumaStamper said...

Adding my AMENS to your Paid in Full message, Julie. Using art to bear testimony...thank you!

Amy Jasper said...

I nevee thought to use a clear envelope foe this technique. Great use of resources! Thank you for the prayer and for sharing your card with us at the As You See It Challenge blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...