Monday, July 9, 2018

His Love Endures Forever


Hi Friends!

Today I am sharing a fun simple Mixed Media card designed with retired stamps from my massive stash :-)  The butterfly image is from the retired Stampin’ Up! Ageless Adornment (hostess set) and the sentiment is from the recently retired Verve Stamps, Scripture Medley 3.  

I had this butterfly image already stamped, colored , fussy-cut and layered in my stash and in my recent (and continuing) organization project, I decided to pull out my "stashed" images and create a few cards:-).

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge galleries yet, I encourage you to do so- wonderful ideas and projects by all!

To create this card:

1). De-static a scrap piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp the butterfly image with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink onto the prepared cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Once the embossing as cooled, watercolor using ink from water-based markers.  Fussy-cut the image, mount onto black cardstock and cut close to the edge.

2). Die cut a piece of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle die.  Scribble a bit of green water-based marker onto a silicone craft mat, lightly spritz with water and press the die cut panel into the ink.  Lift up and repeat until you are satisfied with the background.

3). De-static the background panel with an embossing powder tool, stamp the verse image with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, stamp onto a piece of white cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Mount the panel onto a piece of black cardstock, trim and mount onto the white card base.

4). Mount the fussy-cut butterfly image with dimensional foam.  Add white highlights to the butterfly’s wings using an extra fine white paint pen and use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the wings.

5). Finish off the card with a few jewel drops.

Stamp Sets: Ageless Adornment (retired Stampin’ Up!), Scripture Medley 3 (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Zig® Real Clean Color Markers- Light Green, Yellow, Orange, Light Purple; Stampin’ Write Tangerine Tango Marker; Clear Wink of Stella® , Sharpie® Extra Fine White Paint Pen, Nuvo™ Lime Jewel Drops

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Extra Thick Whisper White

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Water Spritzer Bottle

Thanks again for visiting- you are all such an encouragement to me!!  Hugs and I hope you have a fabulous week, my friends!


5 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! I love the jewel drops you added and the way you created the bright green background, it showcases your pretty butterfly and sentiment beautifully 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

Simply amazing - what a stunning card! Thank you very much for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is a gorgeous card, and I love the Scripture verse! I love this stamp too, and I am now reevaluating (again) what stamps I shall purge and what ones I'll keep! Obviously, I'm going to keep this one. I love your beautiful background with the distressing! Stunning, sweet friend! Sending hugs and love! xoxo

Gail said...

Howdy Howdy -Stopping by as a Guest Designer at Word Art Wednesday to say - thank you for uploading your lovely art in the challenge -a fabulous butterfly card creation to bless someone!! Have a blessed week - and keep on crafting!

froebelsternchen said...


Congrats on being a TOP 5 for the last challenge at Try Ot On Tuesday!
HUgs Susi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...